25

Hani

"Suprise!!" Dokyeom said as he pulled into a parking space directly in front of Diamond Clipper.

Uh oh

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Back to School hair." Dokyeom said.

"Seriously?" Mimi asked, biting her lip. She couldn't quite pull off the bored pre teen vibe, and I knew it was going to be a good idea, even if it meant braving a run in with Seungcheol.

"Deadly, darling." Dokyeom said, hopping out from behind the wheel of his spiffy little Porsche SUV. He opened the back door for her. "First say of school is a fresh start for everyone. And from the reviews, this is the place for hair."

I climbed out and joined them on the sidewalk. Dokyeom slung an arm around both of us. "First hair. Then lunch. Then nails. Then fashion show for first day outfits."

I grinned. "Outfits?"

"You're walking Mi to school. You need something that screams 'Responsible Yet Hot Aunt' you know?"

Mimi giggled. "Most mums just show up in pajamas or in sweaty workout stuff."

"Exactly. We need to make a statement that the Lee women are fierce and fashionable."

I rolled my eyes.

Dokyeom caught me and crossed his arms in impatience. "What have I always told you, Hani? And you listen to this too, Mi."

"When you look good, you feel good." I recited.

"Good girl. Now get your cute little asses in there."

The interior of Diamond Clipper was cooler than any salon I'd ever set foot in. Instead of the muted pastels and spa music typical in most hair establishments, here it was diamond carved walls and black furniture.

The waiting area looked more like a VIP lounge with its leather couches and glass side tables. The floor was black glass with, again, diamonds in them.

It felt cool. And a lot expensive.

I turned to my friend and lowered my voice. "DK, I know you were being nice, but money-"

"Shut your stupid beautiful face, Lee. This is on me."

He held up a hand when I opened my mouth to argue. "I didn't get you a wedding present."

"Why not?"

He looked at me dryly for a beat.

"Right. Of course you predicted it."

"Look, you're getting your 'my fiancé likes my hair long' shit cut into something you love. And that adorable smart ass niece of ours is getting a style that is going to be more interesting to those little fuckers in the school."

"You're impossible to argue with, you know that?"

"You might as well save your energy and quit trying."

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen." Mingyu called from a station with an ornate mirror and a scarlet cape draped over the chair.

"Who's ready to change their lives today?"

Mimi sidled up to me. "Is he serious?"

Dokyeom took her by the shoulders. "Listen, shorty. You've never experienced the miracle of the kind of haircut that is so good it parts the clouds and makes the angels sing. You're in for a treat today."

"What if I don't like it?" She whispered.

"If you don't like it, our next stop will be Primark, and I'll buy you every hair accessory in existence until we find the perfect way to style your new hair."