17

Seungcheol

I had paperwork to do, but I was more interested in the impending crash and burn of my newest employee.

Hani strutted her high class ass right on up to the table like an idealistic nursery teacher on her first day. I hated Himseok for good reason, but I didn't mind using him to prove my point.

She didn't belong here. And if I had to prove that by dangling her in front of a wolf, then so be it.

Himseok's eyes zeroed in on her, and his tongue darted out between his lips. He knew the rules. He knew I wouldn't hesitate to toss his ass out of here if he so much as touched one of my employees. But that didn't stop him from being a creepy old man.

"What's your problem with Not Chae?" Kazuha asked, punching the button on the blender and pouring vodka into three rocks glasses.

I didn't reply. Answering questions only encouraged conversations.

I watched as Himseok lavished Hani with his pervy brand of attention without feeling the least bit guilty.

She wasn't my type on any plane of existence. Hell, even in baggy jeans and a Lock's Glass shirt, she still looked high class and high maintenance. She wouldn't settle for a few nights between the sheets.

Normally, I could ignore an attraction to a woman who wasn't my type.

Maybe I needed a break? It had been a while since I'd taken a few days off, had some fun, gotten laid.

I did the math, winced.
It had been more than a while.

That's what I needed. A few days away. Maybe I'd hit the beach. Read a few books. Drink out someone else's inventory. Find a good lay with no strings or expectations.

Anyways, I poured myself a water from the soda gun and watched Hani try to leave the table only to be stopped by Himseok. That motherfucker actually grabbed her by the wrist.

"Uh oh.." Kazuha said under her breath as I came off the barstool.

"Fucking hell." I muttered as I made my way across the restaurant.

"Now don't you run off, Hani." Himseok was saying. "The boys and I sure like looking at your face."

His friends laughed.

I'd expected her to be clawing her way free, but Hani was smiling..? "I knew you boys were going to be trouble." She teased lightly.

"Is there a problem?" I snapped.

Himseok's hand fell away from Hani's wrist, and I didn't miss the fact that she immediately took a step back.

"Problem?" Himseok said. "I don't see no problem?"

"Himseok and his friends were introducing themselves." Hani said. "I'll be right back with your drinks."

With a parting glare in my direction, she sauntered back to the bar.

I stepped into Himseok's line of sight, ruining his view of her departing ass.

"You know the rules."

"Boy, I was running this town when you were a little baby."

"You don't run shit now, do you?" I said. "But this place? This is mine. And if you wanna be able to drink here, you'll keep your fucking hands to yourself."

"I don't appreciate the insinuations, man."

"And I don't appreciate having to serve your crooked ass. Guess we're even."