Chapter 21

A/N I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated but here is the new chapter! This goes out to @PWRETTIESS4EVEH.

Unknown POV.

A skeathing snake. A liar at heart. I knew Lila was lying.  I just needed to prove it. The serpentine nature of Lila's deceitful character was evident once again. Despite my prior trust, I now recognize her propensity for falsehoods. Marinette would never do anything that Lila was claiming. I had to be smart about it though. She was going starting to stalk people. Trying to find Marinette. Lucky Marinette is smarter than her and has blocked most of the people who had been harassesing her. She hasn't posted anything online since the trial.

The trial.

The trial. That was a long few weeks. Adrien was in jail. Lila and Alya visited him almost on a daily. I never visited him once. Why would I? He was a monster. Then there was Marinette, barely recognizable. Her presence seemed distant, lost in some far-off place. Her eyes, bloodshot and haunted, hinted at a pain deeper than words could convey. She was shattered, and it reflected in the depths of her being. I wanted to tell her it would be alright. That would be lying.

Alya was glued to Lila and I couldn't ever get her alone to talk to her. She shushed me and told me to go away. She was with her "Bestfriend". I couldn't ever tell her that she lost her true bestfriend.

"Nino! Are you even listening to me?" I blink and look at Alya. She had been complaining about the new heros. It hurt seeing someone replace me. Especially because he looks similar to how I did, but that could just be the mask throwing me off. I made the connection on why we were replaced. Marinette is Ladybug. It was so obvious I felt stupid. Suddenly I understood her absence during akuma attacks, and why she didn't like Lila. Lilas first lie was that she was bestfriends with Ladybug. I would never tell Alya though. She would blast that all over the Ladyblog, the Ladyblog hate page that is. All she does on there anymore is complain.

"Sorry I missed that last part." I say. She glares back.

"God you never listen to me!" She screams. I stare blankly. I gave up on our relationship when she started bullying Marinette. I missed My Alya.

"Well I-"

"Do you think Ladybug will replace me? As Rena I mean. I can't believe she already chose someone new for your miraculous. The bee was expected. I mean who in their right mind would let Chloe have a miraculous. I just wonder why Ladybug hasn't asked me to help her." She rambles cutting me off like always. Maybe because you literally bullied her. I zone out ignoring her once more.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

I dumped Alya.

I don't even know how it happened. All I know is she screamed at me for ruining "her relationship", dumped coffee on my head, and ran away crying. The only time she's ever listened to me. Lucky it was iced so no burns, sadly I was wearing white. My poor jacket now has a creamy brown coffee stain on it.