Chapter 14

Marinettes POV

Felix and Allegra walk me to my first class. Allen and Claude are already sitting in the back row chatting away when we walk in.

"Alright class. Please take your seats and settle down. We have a new student joining us today." The teacher says. Everyone makes there way to their seat and sits down. I stay the the front of the room waiting for instructions.

"I'm Miss. Bexly. You can introduce yourself to the class and then I believe.." She pauses and looks at a piece of paper on her desk. "Allegra and Claude are giving you your tour around the school today so you guys can just leave after you introduce yourself."

"Hello! I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng." I say with a smile. The class says their hellos then Allegra and Claude stand up and we leave the classroom.

"Ok so that is Miss. Bexly, her class is kind of a study hall type of class. You just catch up on work from other classes in there, or can go to the library or another teachers classroom with permission to work on projects." Allegra explains. Claude walks my left with his hands behind his head and Allegra is on my right. Their are still plenty of people walking around the halls and taking amongst themselves. I see a few people staring but dismiss it. I am the new girl after all. They show me around more and tell me where my classes are until we end up back to the tutor classroom. The building is basically a loop with a large courtyard in the middle and building off to the side. I glance at my phone. 8:47. We still have about 43 minutes left in the class. We entered and Miss. Bexly looks up from the papers she working on.

"Did you enjoy your tour Marinette?" Miss. Bexly asks. She gives me a soft smile. Her dark skin I just a shade darker than Allen. Her hair is a poofy yet contained Afro.

"I did, this school is beautiful." I say. The other two left for their seats. "Allegra said you are in charge of the gymnastics team and told me to talk to you about joining."

"You do gymnastics?" She says with an almost excited tone in her voice.

"Well I've never been able to because of my old school didn't have a team but I am very flexible and would like to show you what I could do to possibly get a spot on the team." I know I'm flexible. I'm Ladybug. I can do all sorts of flips and tricks. I always acted clumsy at my old school because I didn't want to stick out. But here everyone is extraordinary so I don't have to hide myself. Because not many people have my deep blue hair Ladybug looked to much like me but was often spotted near my old school. I didn't have to be clumsy Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I didn't have to be the stuttering mess. I could be the confident balanced person I always was. I could finally drop the act.

"Well I'd love for you to show up to the next practice tomorrow night at 5. If you need a leotard just come buy later and I'll give you one of the extras." She smiles.

"I have one, but thank you. I'll be there tomorrow night." I smile. I walk back to were Felix is sitting and sit in the open desk next to him. He had a notebook out and is reading through the notes.

"Hey Mari, how was the tour?" He looks up from the notebook and stares into my eyes, but his face remains blank.

"It was good I'm thinking about joining the gymnastics team." I say, pulling out my phone from my bag.

"That's great. What's your next class?" His voice is very monotone around others. He sounds uninterested in what he's saying.

"Oh, it's Literature 103 with Mr. Mákes." I say pulling up my schedule on my phone.

"I have that class too."

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

The rest of the day goes on smoothly. A few people talk to me and ask me some questions but nothing interesting happens until I get an akuma alert on my phone. Felix was walking with me back to our dorm when I got the alert.

"Shit, we gotta go." I whisper to Felix. We find a place to hide and transform and use the horse miraculous to get closer to where the akuma was reported.

"Well Spots I think this is going to be easy." Knight Cat says. Mr. Pigeon is spreading havoc on Paris once more.

"Yeah let's go. Lucky Charm!" A key falls into my hand. I instantly know what to do. It only takes about 5 minutes before we have Mr. Pigeon captured and I captured the akuma. Then reporter show up.

"Ladybug who is this new Cat Noir?"

"You look different."

"Is this Cat Noir's replacement?"

"What is your name?" One finally asks Knight Cat.

"My name is Knight Cat. I am Ladybugs new partner." He says, bowing.