Chapter 28 Together

The fireplace crackles softly, stirring the young wolf in my lap.

Jungkook lifts his head sleepily—his black hair mused to one side from too many fingers running gentle hands through it. His hand strokes the inner space of my thigh as he pushes forward. He lifts his body up and leans into me.

I welcome him into my arms as he rests his chin on my shoulder. My eyes flutter shut as the calming scent of distant oceans and musk fills my nose.

Warm flickers of light dance across the dark wood walls. Faint white scratches mar the floor from scampering paws and dragged furniture. Now the couches sit closer to the fire, drawn near to the smoky warmth in preparation for the long winter months. They form a tight ring around my pack's nest.

The nest.

Spread around us in a close-knit spiral, the rest of the pack lies and prepare for Jungkook's wish.

As the solstice draws near, I feel the mystical shift of the seasons. The darkest day of the year is nearly upon us. I can't be sure if it's a real feeling or something I've conjured, but the weighted feeling remains. It presses up against my heart with the yearning to shower my packmates in love—to shield them from the night.

It's almost been a month since Calemari. Yet I feel safer than I did before it happened.

In the corner of my eye, Jimin guides Yoongi into a small nest of fur blankets. His eyes darted over Yoongi's half-naked figure with unmasked hunger. The worst of Yoongi's wounds healed and soon, he'll be able to transform. I changed his bandages after lunch and noticed the scab darkening, but it left no traces of blood. It remains clean with no signs of infection, thank Hestia.

Yoongi notices my stare and sends me a close-lipped smile. It sends warmth through my body as I take heart in knowing he's recovering fast. Wolves heal faster than humans, after all.

Jimin's hand moves in a slow circle over Yoongi's torso as he kneels beside him.

"Jiminie," Yoongi mutters as his voice comes out as a rumble. "So eager, aren't you?"

A slow blush creeps over Jimin's cheeks as he nuzzles Yoongi's uninjured shoulder. "Shut up."

Yoongi catches his hand and brings it to his lips. He locks eyes with Jimin as he lowers his chin, kissing Jimin's knuckles. "Is that any way to speak to your hyung?"

Jimin's hips give a slow roll as he inches closer. "And how would you like me to speak to you?" he mocks in reply, however, his eyes burn with greedy desire.

"You won't be speaking when I'm done with you. That pretty tongue of yours is going to be busy," Yoongi promises as he cups Jimin's face in his hands. He presses his forehead against Jimin's, teasing at his lips as they draw close. "Your hyungie is going to put that bratty mouth to good use. Doesn't that sound nice?"

Jimin's breath hitches as the red spreads. His eyes glaze over as his scent strengthens in the air. "Please, hyung—" he starts to beg but Yoongi places a finger to his full lips.

"Be a good boy for hyung," Yoongi says, husky and hypnotic.

Jungkook and I watch their intimate scene, completely enraptured by Yoongi's honey-soaked voice and how gorgeous Jimin looks when he's pleading. My skin sweats as I imagine myself in Jimin's position. My thighs give a squeeze as I begin to feel a small wetness spread.

My gaze shifts to the left of us, nearest to the crackling fireplace. Seokjin sits with his back to a couch. His eyelids are drawn low as he strokes Taehyung's fluffy hair. Taehyung lays across his lap with sleepy eyes.