Chapter 7 Shattering Fire

I awaken peacefully, bundled in a heap of blankets and tucked against Jin's chest. A soft moan escapes my sore lips and I blink the last of deep sleep from my eyes. I scan the bedroom as exhaustion clouds my mind. There is a haze of sickening sweet roses and spics; the scent of Jin is overpowering and my body remains locked in bliss.

Echoes of his hands on my body brush over my skin, over light bite marks and purplish circles. My memory replays those sensational moments like a broken record. My breath comes out shakily as his taste lingers on my lips like syrup. The brunt of the heat waned after a couple of intense hours. I don't remember eating dinner.

My stomach growls for a long moment before an ache begins. I press my lips together and squirm as the pain increases.

Food, I need food...

Seokjin sleeps soundlessly and unfortunately for the hungry Luna in his arms--he sleeps like a rock. As I try to move, his leg slides up and wraps around my hips, trapping me against him. He holds tighter and presses his chin down against my head.

I've become his teddy bear.

There is no light shining through the curtains. I'm not sure if it's early morning or still nighttime. There is a settled peace over the room and I don't hear the others. Either they have left the house for chores or are fast asleep on the couch.

I feel guilty at the thought of forcing everybody out of the room. I don't mind if they join our heat; in fact, it would be interesting for all eight of us to fall into a heat together. We've never tried it. Perhaps on a better day where we don't have the threat of war over our heads.

My stomach growls again followed by a sharp pain. I exhale sharply through my nose and fight to sit up from Jin's tight hold. I look down at his sleeping face and admire the handsome sculpt of his features. I lean down and kiss his plump lips, my eyelashes brushing over his face. I pull back and ease myself out of bed.

I move my legs and feel a distant ache between my legs. I press my lips together and fight back a wince. My legs are shaky when I stand up so I brace myself against the bed. I walk over to the closet of clothes and find clean undergarments and a new outfit. I know my old clothes are somewhere in those blankets but I don't bother to check.

I choose light clothing because the heat continues to simmer within my body. My face is still flushed bright red and his scent is making me feel dizzy. My heart aches to be away from Jin, even if it's only for a few moments.

I slip on a pair of shorts and a loose-fitting t-shirt. My body is sticky with sweat. I feel gross and increasingly uncomfortable as the heat blazes on, but I do my best to ignore it. I turn back to Jin who continues to sleep peacefully. He tends to fall into a hibernation mode, post-heat. He burns most of his energy at the beginning of the heat before he collapses.

I look over my body and feel a flutter of satisfaction at the sight of the marks on my thighs and shoulders. I trace my fingers over the marks with a sense of pride.

Mine, the bruises signify.

I wonder how long it will take for the others to darken my skin with their love. How long will it take for my animalistic desire to take every ounce of their heart for my own will overwhelm my priorities? How long before I lose myself to a never-ending heat.

But for now, I think to myself, I have things to attend to.

The intensity of the heat has waned from earlier and allowed me this clarity. I'm grateful for it. I don't know if I could handle an intense heat, not after what happened with the gun. Maybe it's my stress that is causing my heat to be weaker than it usually is. An internal part of me is keeping me from losing my head in a heat.