Chapter 23; Is this the End?

Derik wasn't too surprised, he expected Noah to do something like this but didn't know why.

"Ah, of course it's you. Why though?" He said. Noah smiled,

"Aw, it's touching how you knew it was me. There were a few reasons I had to kidnap both of you, ha- really many reasons." He laughed.

"You sound so childish, is that one reason?" Adam said. Noah glanced at him then smirked

"You act childish over coffee." He said. Derik sighed,

"Why are we here? Do you want to claim your throne from the company?"

"Something like that, yes." Noah leaned on the table behind him, "Derik, you took the position of the CEO when Tullius didn't even know who you are, he trusted you completely over me, the one who has put their heart and soul into this job just to be praised with a few dollars. Sometimes it feels like I am not even getting paid! I want more money, I want to be the CEO, I deserve it. You? You don't, all you ever did was come from the tech company with a good reputation, well not until now." He smirked again.

"Oh, of course you're jealous of me, makes a lot more sense now." Derik said.

"Sure, you can say that. Really that isn't the only reason. After hearing about that special sword that burned that restaurant. I knew I had to find the one who did it. Having that sword would be a dream come true. It would be really useful too, so I thought, hmm why not? Then I got a call saying you were a suspect. It had to be you." Noah said.

"Then why is Adam here?" Derik asked.

"Well, the smoke going around was one thing, but hearing that group 5 was searching for something that was the cause of the smoke, I sent my dear friend, Landon, to give me whatever he finds. What was honestly surprising is that I heard Adam found another sword, so I promised him to leave Adam until I get to meet him. Maybe I can get him to hand it over."

"W-wait, Landon? The one in group 5? Isn't he that guy who-"

"Yes it is, one of your work buddies, right? Shocking, but wasn't it obvious? He never seemed to talk to many people. He was the perfect person. I did some stalking here and there and found out that he was a huge people pleaser, so much that he would do anything for someone. Convincing him to help me was hard until I got a hold of something special to him. Then went on his knees saying that he would listen." Noah laughed, "Anywayyyy, that's enough explaining, why won't you tell me where your sword is, Adam?" He grabbed a knife.

"He isn't going to tell you, you think a knife would scare us? Pathetic." Derik said.

"Oh? Well in that case, LANDON! GET ME THOSE TWO FREAKS!" Noah yelled. Landon opened the door, throwing Christopher and Adam's cat to the floor. Christopher was crying, tied up and his mouth was covered up. Landon held a gun in his hand,

"M-my cat? You think I would tell you, over my cat?" Adam said.

"Fine, Landon, shoot the cat." Noah said. Landon instantly shot her, blood slowly oozed out, Soda died without a word.

"Y-you psychopath." Adam tried to hold back his emotions.

"Ha- well someone had to do it." Derik said.

"SHUT UP DERIK!"

"I WAS GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY!"

"NO, YOU-"

"Hey, hold on a second. You must not remember me, do you, Derik?" Noah asked.

"W-what? No I don't."

"Oh how interesting, so you only remember Adam then? Hmmm," Noah stopped to think for a few seconds, "Ah, middle school, my name used to be Matthew."