Chapter 4; Welcome!

"I don't know guys, it looks boring." One of the workers said.

"Yeah, but we don't want anything too big, he won't like it." Another responded

"Alright then, let's go and hide. He may be coming any second now." Another said. They all then hid behind their desks and waited. Suddenly Tullius's car came to the front of the building, he walked out, he hardened his gaze as if he was infuriated, something was surely bothering him. He looked over and saw the balloons standing near his company, he then loosened his grip and his gaze softened, something was bothering him but the moment he walked in he had a nice smile on his face.

"SURPRISE!" All his workers said,

"It truly is, isn't it?" He said smiling.

"We woke up early just like you and decorated the front office, it was exhausting but we did it for you!" one of the workers said smiling.

"Oh, is that true? How amusing." Tullius said.

"Yeah, we really hope you enjoy that vacation sir, you really deserve it!" Another said.

"Well thank you very much, I owe you all a huge favor for this but we really need to clean this up now. The deputy will be here soon and I have heard he doesn't like...like-" Before Tullius continued he saw a black truck park behind his car.

"Will you continue?" One worker asked.

"He is here." Tullius said. Then the room was quiet for a few seconds, "Oh great." Tullius said as he watched The man get out of his car.

"Should we clean it up?" One asked.

"No, he is already here." Tullius got nervous hoping that Derik wouldn't mind the balloons or decorations. Suddenly Derik looked at the building in front of him with all the decorations,

"This must be it." He thought. He then walked in and everyone was standing at the front office and looked at him while Tullius was standing nervously.

"Your here!" Tullius said. Derik did not say a word instead there was a strong scent of suspicion that everyone other than Tullius smelt coming from Derik.

"I am." He said looking around. A few whispers were going around,

"That guy seems a little off, don't you think?" One whisper in the back said.

"Yeah, I think so too." Another whisper replied from the back. Then it went quiet.

"H-hey I know I said we weren't expecting company and the building was clear but I-I just wanted to-" Tullius broke the silence and before he continued Derik laughed.

"Are you kidding? This really is a very nice surprise! I have never had such an unexpected surprise before! I really am glad that people are here, I am excited to meet you all!" Derik said, smiling. Everyone in the building quickly disliked him, something was rather very off about him. They thought. Tullius however, never trusted someone better before.

"Really!? Oh what a relief! I am so happy you understand." Tullius said.

"Of course, now that we are all here how about we get this meeting done and go ahead and introduce me after, alright?" Derik said, putting his arm around Tullius.

"A-ah! Alright then, follow me." Tullius said in relief. While following Tullius Derik had a long smirk across his face.

"Who is he and what is he up to?" One of his workers thought, squinting their eyes at Derik as he walked with Tullius, hoping to see through him. A few of them however, were ignoring the thought, thinking it was from the gut and were happy to meet him. Others didn't care and were sad to see their boss leave on a vacation, they were going to miss him. In the meantime Tullius was looking at Derik's resume while Derik looked around the office getting to know the place.