chapter 7

~POV Louis~

After a bit, niall calmed down. We are drinking tea and niall is calm. Niall keeps getting calls. "Who is it?" I ask. "Liam," niall answers, looking at his cup of tea. "Why aren't you picking up?" I ask him. "I just - I don't know. If he knows we are hanging out, I am hanging," he answers. "He is a toxic shit than," I answer.

"Lou, don't. Liam is protecting him," Matilda says. "Than why can't he hang out with us?" I ask her. "He just means well," niall answers. "He is always with you! He even has your live location! It is toxic!" I tell them. "No, you don't even know why that all is!" Niall tells me with tears in his eyes.

~POV Niall~

When Liam and I started dating my mum and I still lived with my dad. Liam came by, and my dad was choking me. My mum wasn't home, and even if she was, she was too scared to do something. She already knew Zayns dad from work, and he told her if she ever needed a place for us, we could stay. They started dating after a year.

Liam doesn't trust people around me ever since. That is the reason why he is always with me, and that is the reason he needs me around. He doesn't mean it in a toxic way. He doesn't make me do things I don't want to. Louis wouldn't understand how that is like. No one does, really. My dad taught me that I don't have to eat every day.

I decide to pick up Liam. "You okay? Zayn told me what happened!" He says worriedly. "I'm fine, thanks," I say. "Then why didn't you pick up sooner?" Liam asks a little angry. "Sorry," I simply answer. Louis grabs my phone away.

"Leave him alone you sick toxic bitch!" He yells at my phone. Before he can say more, matilda grabs the phone away. "He is with me, I'll call you when we bring him home," matilda hangs up the phone.

"How can you not agree on this with me, matilda?!" Louis asks, confused and angry. "Liam is protecting niall from horrible thing Louis. It isn't up to me to tell," matilda says, and louis turns to me. "He protects from my real dad," I answer him softly.

"What happened?" Louis asks. "A lot," I answer. "Liam just caught him once and saved me," I say, looking at my tea cup. I look at matilda for help, and she understands. "Remember in the store with my brother?" She asks, and louis nods. "Well, that but probably 50 times worse," she says. The doorbell rings, and louis opens.

Zayn, Harry, and Liam walk in. "Come on, niall," zayn says. "I wanna stay here. Does my mum know already?" I ask zayn. "Okay, then we can trust them? Also, no, she doesn't. My dad wants to tell her in person," zayn answers. "I'll take care of niall, and if he wants to go home, we let him," matilda says. "No, you call me! I'll come pick him up," liam says, and I nod.