thirty-three: CHILLS

Damn right Taehyun shouldn't have drank.

Yesterday night was fun though. Other than the scolding he received from Yeonjun and Kai for disappearing, they all got along as usual and catched up with one another.

They actually treated him as usual, as if he never left five years ago and Taehyun's grateful for that.
Before he left for work though, he had to leave his three wasted friends on the living room floor alone since he can't afford being late on his first day.

And now here he is, with throbbing pain in his head and legs walking like he's about to pass out.
"Hi, I'm Terry Kang, the new secretary. Can you show me the way to my office?" Taehyun asks the receptionist at the front desk.

"Welcome to BigHit Entertainment. I'll call someone for you, just wait at the waiting lounge." She says and Taehyun nods before walking and settling onto a sofa at the waiting lounge.

A few minutes later, a female employee knocks on the door of the waiting lounge and pushes it open, Taehyun's head snapping to its direction.

"Terry Kang-ssi?? I'll be guiding you to- Taehyun??" She calls out.
And just from the familiar shrill voice he hadn't heard from years to the way his name rolled out the woman's tongue, his eyes widen as he abruptly stands up from the couch.

"Soeun??" Taehyun calls out and Soeun's lips curve into a wide smile.
"Taehyun!! Oh my gosh!!" She exclaims as she approaches Taehyun and envelopes him in a tight hug in which Taehyun responds.

Soeun pulls away only to punch Taehyun on the shoulder, earning a yelp and glare from the silver haired male.
"Where the hell have you been?? I missed you." She pouts and Taehyun smiles softly, feeling guilty.
"I'm sorry. It's honestly a long story. But, what are you doing here??" Taehyun asks.

"I'm the marketing manager here." She says.
"Geez. Look at you!! You even dyed your hair silver. And you grew into your features and gotten more handsome-" She compliments, giggling and Taehyun chuckles back.

"I've always been handsome, Soeun. You're just too blind to see it."
Soeun roles her eyes and Taehyun chuckles, loving how the girl's attitude and bubbly personality didn't change at all.

"By the way, I actually applied for the position thinking the CEO is Soobin-hyung but, apparently the CEO changed?" Taehyun asks and Soeun nods.

"The CEO came in yesterday. It was his first time coming to the office. I haven't bumped into him yet." She says.
"I see..."

"But rumors say he's got quite a temper. I wish you luck Taehyun."
"Uhh..." Taehyun feels a lump in his throat. He's hoping his boss would be okay.

"Thanks. Also, can we grab lunch together after this? I'm still unfamiliar and y'know..."
"Of course!! I'll meet you at the cafeteria okay?" Soeun says cheerfully and Taehyun smiles.
"Sounds like a plan."

"C'mon, let me bring you to your office." Soeun says and the two left the waiting room.
As expected, Taehyun's office is on the highest floor along with other higher ups but what he didn't expect was his office to be quite far from his boss's. He expected it to be side by side at least rather than walking down the corridor.

After he bids goodbye to Soeun, he settles down in his office and he's actually really satisfied with it.
The office was tidy and neat and was definitely his style. It's quite a huge space to work in and there's even a couch at the corner and that would be really useful for him to take quick naps in between.

He approaches his desk and finds pieces of papers with written guides on it.
The ends of his lips curve out, despite his hangover, his day so far has been going well.