five: INSOMNIA

Taehyun walks down the hallways of the HYBE Dorms until he reaches his door. He lazily and tirely pushes the door knob down and opens the door to his dorm.

It's currently 2am right now, while Taehyun's the type to sleep as late as 4am, he still has classes to attend the next morning. But, he's blessed that HYBE University allows their students to schedule their own classes and Taehyun arranged his daily classes to start at 10am.

Taehyun walks into the living room only to be met with moans and whimpers coming from the ajar door of his roommate.
The blonde boy rolls his tired eyes, his eyes feel so dry, he's begging to just roll on his bed with his eyes close in peace and not be disrupted by sinful sounds.

Before making way to his room, Taehyun charges over to Beomgyu's to bang on his door, asking them to shut the fuck up.
"Distracted, roommie?" Beomgyu asks from the other side of the door, his voice resonating with the sounds of skin slapping and mixtures of moans from the boy beneath him.

"You're free to jerk off too." Beomgyu offers in a teasing tone.

"No thanks." Taehyun spits sarcasm as he trudge towards his bedroom.

After taking a short bath and slipping into his pyjamas, Taehyun climbs up his bed and lies down with his phone in his grasp.

He reduces the light emitting from his phone as he scrolls through his social media and then to his contacts.
His eyes then land onto Soeun's contact number when he accidentally taps on the call button.

"Shit!!" Taehyun cusses out, jolting in shock as his phone clumsily slips from his grip and drops onto the floor.
His heart starts racing in panic when he stumbles from his bed to grab his phone only to hear a sweet voice echoing from his phone.

"Taehyun?" Soeun calls out as she answers his call.
Taehyun immediately grabs his phone and places it near his ears.

"S-Shit Soeun, I'm so sorry. I accidentally pressed call." Taehyun says, face turning red from embarrassment.
"No problem-" Soeun giggles.

"You just got off work?" She asks and Taehyun hums.
"Y-Yeah." Taehyun stutters the moment he hears muffled moans coming from the other bedroom.

And goddamn Taehyun hopes so badly that Soeun can't hear the animals in the other room.
"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Taehyun asks.

"I was completing my assignment and was about to sleep but I scrolled through twitter without realising it's past 2am." She giggles.

"Damn, well I should bother you, I'll end the call-"
"Wait, Taehyun-" Soeun cuts him off.

"Wanna go study at the library tomorrow?" She asks and the blonde's eyes light up.
"Yeah, sure." Taehyun replies, a smile forming on his lips.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Taehyun."
"Night, Soeun."

Taehyun waits for the girl to end their call before swinging his hands and kicking his feet in the air in excitement, squealing like a teenage girl.

"Just you see, Choi Beomgyu. It's only the beginning!" Taehyun mutters loudly enough for only himself to hear.
Speaking of Beomgyu, the other room has been rather quiet.

Taehyun glances over the clock.
'Did they sleep alrea-'
"Ohh~ faster!!~"

Taehyun's face flushes red when he hears the sudden scream.

"Fucking hell." Taehyun says while dialing another number in his phone.

"Soobin-hyung?" Taehyun calls out when the other line connects.
"Can I stay over tonight?"

+×+

"That was rather quick. Didn't you say you'd get through with Beomgyu's rendezvous?" Soobin asks as he greets the younger boy at the door, welcoming him into their dorm.

"There are literally animals in heat in the room beside me. Yesterday was a lot more bearable thanks to my ear plugs, but it'll cause me to wake up late in the morning than I intended." Taehyun complains.

"That's what you get for being roommates with Beomgyu." Soobin says.

"What do you mean?" Taehyun asks, turning his head to face the taller.

"C'mon, we'll talk about it in my room." Soobin says.

"Let me just set up the couch. I'll be sleeping there if you don't mind." Taehyun says and Soobin nods.
Taehyun tosses his pillows and blanket on the couch and his bagpack by the side of it. He's sure as hell that he'll probably wake up late, it's a long night after all.

In case, Taehyun comes prepared with clothes and his books for tomorrow's class.

"He what now??" Taehyun asks the moment he steps into his room, shocked to hear what the bluenette had just told him.
"Beomgyu apparently has insomnia, shouldn't it be obvious to you that he doesn't sleep much during the night?" Soobin says.

"Hyung, there's a reason why it's called night, I sleep during the time." Taehyun says.

"So, how does Beomgyu having insomnia and him sleeping around correlates. I don't get the vision." Taehyun continues.
"Well, he basically resolves his insomnia by having a weekly partner and just... have sex so he could sleep. Honestly I don't know how it works, maybe it's to tire out his body through his sex drive or sumn. He's peculiar."
"Doesn't he get AIDs or STDs??"

"Fortunately, Beomgyu's clean. And, it's not like he does it daily. Only when he wants to. If not, he'll just bear himself by tossing and turning on his bed the whole night until the Sun rises."

Taehyun scoffs, hands on his hips as he shoots Soobin a look of disbelief at the mention of Beomgyu 'NOT' having sex daily.
"Well, it really sounds like he's fucking around daily." Taehyun snaps.

"Maybe because he's trying to scare you away, and it looks like it's working. He doesn't 'do' roommates anyway." Soobin says.

"I won't let it faze me."

"You literally asked to sleep over and it's only been two days and one night since you've slept in your dorm."

"Then, where else am I gonna stay?? I'm on a scholarship for fuck sake and Yeonjun clearly said no changes!" Taehyun exclaims while he plops himself beside Soobin on the bed, resting his head on the olders lap.

"Well, if you're in trouble, you know where to run to. Kai doesn't mind too, he sees you as a close friend." Soobin reassures while stroking the younger's blonde locks.

Taehyun sighs as a train of loose thoughts start running through his mind. After what felt like a good five minutes, Taehyun stands up from the bed.

"I'll see you in the morning, hyung." Taehyun says and Soobin smiles faintly.
"Goodnight, Taehyunnie~"

Taehyun leaves Soobin's room and closes the door behind him before walking back to the couch in the living room.
He lies down on the couch and pulls up his blanket up to his chest and adjusts the pillow below his head before nestling his body further into the couch.

He finally let his eyelids fall shut and his body relaxed. He lets himself drift into dreamland, sleeping in peace despite knowing tomorrow's another hell of a day he's got to deal with...

Or maybe not.