snippets: enemies to lovers (ii)

a/n: enemies to lovers is just so much fun. 😖😖😖

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

Sophie lounged in her dorm, romance book in hand, and savoring the one hour her roommate was gone. The blonde girl loved Biana, she swore, but there were certain days when the brunette's preppy attitude could get on her nerves. Thumbing through the book's content, she wondered when the book would get interesting. So far, it was just the exposition. She wanted to see action, she wanted drama.

A series of knocks on the door snapped her out of her desires. "Earth to Foster." Keefe's voice sounded distant. "We have a project to work on, remember?"

A small groan of protest, then a motion to shove the book under her pillow. The last thing she needed was Keefe commenting on her choice of genre. "Come in, I guess."

As Sophie moved to sit on her chair, she watched as Keefe didn't move from his spot in the middle of the room. There was this strange expression on his face. it didn't look like the disgust he usually directed towards her. "What's wrong with you? You can sit on my bed."

"It's nothing." He mumbled, his voice suddenly turning shy. "You just look pretty this morning."

NOT THIS MORNING, KEEFE SENCEN. "Oh, thanks."

Redirecting her attention to the screen, Sophie read over the slides Keefe had prepared. "Go off this format?"

"Yes, but source your information. It all has to come from primary documents."

A hum of understanding and quiet keyboard tapping filled the room. It didn't take too long; the blonde boy had this predictable style to his presentations. It was easy to follow along, and even easier to add onto.

After she completed, Sophie looked over Keefe's slides. There were text boxes scattered through the entire presentations, with messages such as 'I like you' or '<3'. It could've easily been the template, but the blonde girl was cocky.

After about three-quarters of an hour, Sophie announced, "I finished."

Silence met her answer.

"Keefe?" She turned in her chair, horrified to find him flipping through the book that previously hid below her pillow. "Keefe, what are you doing?"

The blonde boy completely ignored her, "Would you look at that, a kissing scene." He met her eyes, a smug smile on his lips. "Want to recreate?" 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

The kiss was everything Sophie hated. The softness of the kiss against her lips. The tight hug around her waist. The soft brush of a hand up her cheek. The caressing of her face. The tucking of a single strand of her blonde hair. The tilt of a smile against her lips. The hands that cupped her face to encase her more securely in his arms. The simple motion of pressing his forehead against her own.

Everything, everything, was much too overwhelming.

The moment Keefe broke away, a lazy smile appeared on his lips as he teased, "I still hate you."

"Mhm, me too." Sophie tapped his cheek. "Kiss me again." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

"What if I was kidnapped? Then, what would you do?"

"I'd be completely ecstatic." Sophie's smile subsided. "But they'd probably give me ransom money to take you back. No one can handle you for long."

"Except you." Keefe grinned, hugging her backside. "You're dating me, after all."

"Unfortunately." The blonde girl laughed, pressing a kiss to his cheek. 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

"I don't like him." Sophie denied. "There's no way someone could like a boy like Keefe Sencen."

"Bet." Biana countered. "But you sure do talk a lot about someone you despise."

"It's just because he's totally insufferable. He kept throwing me paper airplanes during class today."

"Do you still have them?"

"Have what?"

"The paper airplanes he made for you."

The blonde girl paused for a solid second. "That's beside the point."

The brunette suppressed a laugh. No one in the world would battle her best friend's obliviousness. "Seriously, Sophie, I'm starting to think that you both actually like each other."

"I don't talk about him that much." She muttered.

Biana slung an arm around Sophie's shoulder, lip compressed into a thin line. "Now who's going to break it to you." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

a/n: there's something off with my writing, or maybe i'm just paranoid, lol 
thoughts, comments, ideas?