rougir

"Guess what I have for you, glorious Lady Foster?"

Keefe dipped into a full bow, his hair hung over his eyes with the widest smile displayed on his face. Sophie offered him a small smile, a special feat just reserved for him considering what she had just lost.

Ella.

The stuffed animal that had comforted her through her roughest times when she couldn't understand the tumult of feelings, losses, and tragedies she had gone through. Just holding the little blue elephant to her chest was just enough to replenish the supply of hope that had died down.

It was all she needed. She had had the constant support of inanimate objects, she had always thought she would always be here with her.

Always her rock.

Yet here she was, without the dearest stuffed animal and instead with the ashes of where she crumbled fresh in her memory.

Sophie raised her head, realizing that Keefe was giving her a gaze closer to concern rather than to curiosity.

"I'm fine," Sophie said, noticing the familiar glimmer that pushed people to ask that very question.

Keefe shook his head, "I know you're not, I can tell without even asking you. I'm worried for your sanity to be fair."

"Maybe you have to be. Who locks herself in their room for hours over a stuffed animal being burned into ashes."

"To be fair, when you put it like that it makes me want to throw Ms. Stinkbottom and lock her in a metal safe," Keefe said.

Sophie let out a small giggle, "Grady mode activated."

"Well that wasn't what I was going for," Keefe frowned, but then stroked his chin. "Though being a mesmer doesn't seem half as bad..."

Sophie allowed herself to laugh, locking it as worth it when Keefe gave her a relieved smile that looked even better than one of his smirks. "You'll get in too much chaos with that ability."

"That's the whole point though," Keefe said before seeming to realize something and turning to Sophie with an excited glint shining in his eyes. "Do you want your present or not?"

Sophie was excited at the aspect of getting a present. "I swear if it's another boobrie—"

"No," Keefe answered, shoving something into her hands that she hadn't even realized he had been holding.

Sophie blinked before glancing down and finding a pink head resting on her chest. Tilting the head back, she realized it was another stuffed doll. Her eyes lit up, glancing at Keefe before forcing all her attention on the stuffed... elephant. The gigantic ears flopped side to side as she moved them to inspect everything. The elephant was pink, as she noticed beforehand, and had formal attire on, the business suit barely wrinkled as if Keefe reserved special treatment just for the little creature. The elephant had a button nose which was a unique color of blue.

"Is that the color of your eyes?" Sophie asked, tapping the button nose and laughing when it was titled crooked.

A light blush coated Keefe's cheeks. "I didn't think you would notice,"

"You're my best friend, of course, I would," Sophie scoffed, cupping the creature's cheeks and stroking them with the side of her thumb. "It's one of my favorite things about you."

A darker red blush spread onto Keefe's ear as Sophie rewinded the sentence in her mind, finding nothing wrong with it. His eyes were something that she had just recently discovered, the color soothing and dissolving any fear or discouragement that was stained inside of her.

"Thanks," Keefe whispered.

"No problem," Sophie answered almost immediately. "What did you name... him?"

"Deciding genders already are we, Foster?" Keefe asked with a smirk curling on his lips. "Well I have thought of making her a girl but I thought a boy would be much better for the name Rougir."

Sophie creased her eyebrows. "Rougir? Isn't that French for..."

She trailed off, blushing as Keefe smirked, reaching out a hand to stroke her cheek. Sophie's hand instinctively clenched Rougir's feet, electric shock trembling against her spine.

"Blush." He finished, looking intently at the hand softly brushing against her apple cheeks. "One of my favorite things about you." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

A/N: i'm so sorry if rougir isn't actually french for blush :[