snippets: enemy x hero

Sophie shuffled in bed, her eyes struggling to adjust to the darkness. Propping herself up, her hand pained from the weight of her body. A strange sense of belonging coursed through her as she got up. Glancing at the mirror hooked on the wall, she realized she was cozied in one of Keefe's hoodies. 

 Red ran through her face, but she managed to gulp down her squeak as she walked out the door. Sophie had to get out, her mother was counting on her to take over Euphoria.

Just as she spotted the doorway out, she was swooped up in someone's arms. She already knew who it was, "Let go of me!" 

"Calm down, Foster, I'm here to help you." Keefe held her into his arms until she calmed down. Then leaned closer, "And I must say, you look adorable in my hoodie."

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

Keefe pulled against his shackles, yelling an atrocious amount of profanities in the air. Tears streamed down his face as he fought against the metal, tossing his useless crowbar to the side. 

Sophie's leaned on the doorway, her eyes on his face before walking closer. Keefe kicked, warning her not to come any closer. The threat was empty as Sophie wrapped him in a hug, watching as his arms fall limp. He knew she was the cause of his pain, the cause of why his most beloved family member was gone, but he was so exhausted from fighting. 

So, he wrapped a hand around Sophie's waist, and pulled her closer. Close enough to nuzzle his head into her warm neck, juxtaposed to the dropping temperature in the prison. 

"That's it," She whispered into his hair. "You've been hurt enough for one day." 

 ♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

Sophie's mind was clouded with love, an untouchable thing that took over her whole thinking system. Running through the crowd, the mutters getting to her head. Finally, she saw the hint of blonde in the brown. 

Collapsing in his arms, she could practically fell his shock. Before his former surprise wore off, she pressed her lips against his. It lasted for a couple blissful seconds before Sophie pulled back, petrified at her spontaneity. "I'm sorry— I shouldn't have—" 

Keefe shut Sophie up with another kiss.