sunflowers

Sophie glanced into the bedroom, smiling at the hint of blonde that peeked out of the blanket. The room was dark, apart from the sliver of orange from the split in the curtain. Cringing when the door creaked, she stepped onto the carpet. Creeping closer to the bed, she plopped down when she saw Keefe shuffle in bed.

"Wake up, Keefe." She whispered into his ear.

A groan of protest occurred, and she couldn't help but smile at how adorable it sounded. She grabbed his hand as he twisted to face her. Keefe's eyes were clouded with drowsiness as the ice-blue continued to conquer her heart.

Sophie ran a hand through his hair, "I think I prefer this over your styled hair."

Keefe groaned again, propping himself up while he pushed her away. "Impossible, Foster." He rubbed his eyes. "I put too much work in it for you to dismiss it that easily."

His voice was hoarse from lack of use, but the deep tone made her blush. Thankfully, the room was too dingy for him to notice. It also shadowed his features, which was a disadvantage at her point.

A rustling sound shifted his attention to her as he spied the hand she tucked behind her back. He noticed what she was wearing, a neat blouse and jeans. Frowning, "It's 7 a.m." He surveyed her again. "Where did you go?" 

Sophie shrugged, leaning closer. "You told me sunflowers were your favorite. So I got you some."

Keefe received the bouquet, the vibrant yellow complementing his wide blue eyes. The sunflowers looked beautiful with their glistening dewdrops and compact composition.

Sophie didn't focus on the flowers. It was a simple gift, but it appealed to Keefe in a way she didn't need to understand. Before she knew it, she was rallied into a hug and peppered with kisses.

Giggling, she pulled away. "Do you like it?"

He grinned. "Whatever gives me a reason to kiss you, I always like."

Sophie laughed, gently slapping her husband. "You don't need an reason to kiss me."

Keefe wound a hand around her waist. "Then that's the best gift you could ever gift me."

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

A/N: Hence the title, short, sweet, and most importantly: sokeefe. ;)