Chapter 7

Valige had heard news this morning that Thunder was struggling to adapt to the new environment.

"Come to think of it, the soldiers had quite a hard time too."

Thunder, due to his very sensitive nature, would only follow his own horse and reject others' touch.

"He mustn't have run properly."

Valige hurried his steps, thinking that Thunder hadn't even come out of the stable, let alone run.

He had been bothered by a headache for a few days, but it wasn't so bad that it interfered with his daily life.

As he approached the stable, faint but clear hoof sounds could be heard.

"Whoever it is, judging by the cheerful sound, seems quite excited."

Just about to pass by, Valige suddenly became curious about the owner of the noise.

Above the wide open space, he saw a black horse, displaying familiar form as it ran.

"...Thunder?"

He had thought that Thunder would certainly be struggling to adapt to the sudden change in environment.

But to see him run so cheerfully, and that too, with a stranger saddled on him.

"Could the one riding be..."

Moreover, the one riding was not a groom but a maidservant.

Did the cheerful maidservant riding the horse realize the grave offense she was committing?

As he contemplated calling them over, the Duke decided to watch a little longer.

It wasn't long after Valige had observed them from the shade of the trees.

The maidservant ran two more laps before leading Thunder back to the stable.

He slowly emerged from the shade and spoke to Lina.

"Is the walk over?"

The Duke glanced at the visibly surprised maidservant. Her wooden, stiff glance back was somewhat amusing.

"Your Grace...?"

He coldly looked at the maidservant calling him with a trembling voice.

Then Thunder moved towards Lina, almost as if protecting her from Valige.

Valige let out a small sigh at Thunder's behavior, seeming dumbfounded.

"Come here, Thunder, I'm your master."

However, Thunder only snorted and snorted at Valige's words.

To resist the words of his master of many years and stand in front of a maidservant he hardly knew was ridiculous. Valige's mouth soured as he looked at his horse.

"Thunder! Go on."

As even Lina, who had been watching the Duke's mood, urged Thunder to go, he reluctantly moved towards Valige.

To an outsider, it would have seemed that the horse's owner was Lina.

'Astonishing.'

"I apologize, Your Grace. It was pitiful to see him locked in the stable for so long, so I took him for a walk..."

"You know it's wrong, fortunately."

"...I'm sorry."

The Duke let out a small breath, looking down at the bowing Lina.

"But you ride very well, when did you learn to ride?"

With that, he took a step towards Lina.

"...I learned from my father, who was a groom in my youth."