There was no suitable excuse to make in my exposed state, and dragging the time a little longer was going to end it anyway.

Given the circumstances, spilling everything to buy some time and somehow downplaying the issue seemed like the best course of action.

“I’m sorry for startling you. Actually, I have some stomach issues. When I’m tired or my condition worsens, it happens occasionally. I’ve been visiting hospitals in Korea too.”

“…”

“I have my own medication, but what if getting a new prescription backfires? Besides, going to the hospital for something trivial like this will only bring up unnecessary stories.”

Going to the hospital would ruin me.

Even if I could somehow stop news from spreading in Korea, the real problem was having symptoms but being perfectly healthy.

It could easily turn into a rumor about an idol stricken with an unknown incurable disease, like some drama protagonist.

I decided to act as if I was fine, putting strength into my hands.

“…You understand, right, Kang Ichae?”

However, Kang Ichae just stared at me silently.

“Are you done talking?”

“…!”

“Then, I’ll call now.”

Fuck, was he really thinking of calling an ambulance?

I grabbed Kang Ichae’s hand hurriedly as he calmly reached for his phone.

None of my lengthy excuses worked.

“Hey, wait.”

“What?”

Damn.

On one hand, I was relieved it was Kang Ichae.

Compared to the stubborn Kim Seonghyeon, Seong Jiwon who would dismiss my words with a smile and drag me to the hospital, or the maknae, Jeong Dajun, whom I didn’t even want to show this state to, Kang Ichae seemed like he would be easier to deal with.

But seeing him now, it didn’t seem right.

He’s pissed.

Kang Ichae’s eyebrow was quirkily raised, exuding a fierce aura.

The blood from the cough I had earlier left a mark on Kang Ichae’s wrist.

Knowing it was a shallow move but still, I bowed my head.

To escape this situation…

“…Hey, Kang Ichae.”

I thought of appealing to his emotions.

“Isn’t it disappointing? Can’t you trust me? It might seem shocking since it’s your first time seeing this, but it’s more common than you think. If it was serious, I would have run to the hospital first… Cough! Cough!”

“…”

“…Would have run there first… Urgh.”

“…”

“Cough, urk…”

“…”

Yet, Kang Ichae remained expressionless.

Even as my vision blurred and my head spun, I gathered all my willpower to muster my words.

“…I’m fine.”

Trying to appear undaunted, I even forced down the blood swirling in my mouth, but Kang Ichae simply tilted his head and asked,

“Is this fun?”