Chapter 111

“What’s this?

EX Rank?

As I was awestruck by the unfamiliar ranking, I overheard Kim Seonghyeon chatting with Jeong Dajun.

“But why didn’t Senior Joo Woosung appear on any dance variety shows? He’s the main dancer.”

“Well, from what I heard… He wanted to learn more about dancing and went to the U.S. He said it was for rest despite the company trying to stop him.”

– Me: Where are you?

– Joo Woosung: Cali

I slapped my forehead as I remembered the text I had exchanged with him. [1]

Joo Woosung…

He must’ve been bursting with pride about this.

So that’s why he was out of sight for months.

“There’s a famous dance studio in California. I heard he worked really hard there.”

Can you upgrade your dance stats to EX just by laying low for a few months??

Joo Woosung honestly made me jealous. I was working my bones to the ground, while he became an EX rank just by taking a trip to California. Life’s balance patch seemed off.

Did he save a country in his past life?

It went beyond talent, and I wondered if Joo Woosung was receiving some kind of item luck.

Moreover, he confidently told me to watch the stage. Indeed, there was a reason. As soon as we returned to the waiting room, Black Call’s stage started on the television for monitoring.

Even on the small, low-quality TV in the waiting room, Joo Woosung was incredibly… amazing.

“You can’t deny, cracks appear in the smallest crevices,

I’m going to change everything about you.”

Joo Woosung, as expected, was an excellent performer with a singing stat of A+ and a dance stat of EX-. He knew exactly when to be strong or gentle while catching the camera.

“Don’t run away, I’m here beside you,

If you reel, you know why…”

No, it wasn’t about controlling strength and softness.

He was simply born to be on the stage. Joo Woosung threw his hand up as if he was throwing a ball in the center of the stage, then raised one corner of his lip.

“It’s Black Call.”

“Wow…”

“…”

Hopelessness…

To think he has been carelessly practicing and dating with that talent until now…

I wanted to grab Joo Woosung by the collar and shake him, feeling regretful about the time he wasted.

He’s crazy, he’s so good…

Even those who knew nothing about dancing could tell he was insane. I wondered how he looked in the eyes of Jeong Dajun and Kim Seonghyeon. Even the usually noisy Jeong Dajun was absorbed into the screen with his mouth shut.

Even through the small screen, the song was explosive. I couldn’t even imagine the shock the fans must have felt on the spot…

The more I watched the performance, the more I lost my spirit.

Where did my adorable No.1 go…?

And wasn’t it just Joo Woosung?

As the stage progressed, I began to feel a deep sense of betrayal towards another person as well.