Chapter 3

Back in my apartment after meeting Ava, I had dinner, changed into my pajamas – a camisole and boy shorts – yes, I sleep hot. After that, I settled into my cozy bed and checked the message from Ava for the company's address. It was a 40-minute journey from my place I Knew I had to wake up early the next day, I set my phone aside and delved into a book I'd been neglecting, so I thought I should complete it, yes, I love reading books and I lost while reading Reading always helps me escape, even if just for a little while.

---

Friday arrived, and I woke up at 6:00 a.m., needing to arrive before 8:00 a.m. for the 40-minute journey. Rushing to the bathroom, I freshened up, quickly bathed, and retrieved my pant suit, which I had prepared the night before. After careful consideration and rejecting numerous outfits, I opted for simplicity. A light touch of makeup, setting my dark brown hair, donning my ivory pant suit, small matching pearl stud earrings, my favorite pendant necklace, and finally, 4-inch matching heels. Checking myself in the mirror, staring right in my dark hazel eyes, I felt confident with my final look.

Grabbing my handbag, phone, and documents, I gave myself one last glance in the mirror, locked up my apartment, and hurried downstairs to hail a cab. Arriving at my destination, a sprawling building, I didn't have time to admire it. Taking the elevator to the 17th floor, where the interview was to be held, I hoped to find Ava waiting for me. As the elevator doors opened, I hurried out and bam!....

I collided with a solid object, which turned out to be someone's chest. My document file slipped from my grasp, and as I glanced up, standing before me was a tall, undoubtedly handsome man, but I couldn't admire him properly, I barely glanced at the man, realizing I was running late.  Hindered by my lateness, I hastily stooped down to collect my papers. Retrieving my documents, I heard him mutter, "Look where you're going," as he entered the elevator while I was out now arranging my documents.

Without looking at him I blurted "I know where I'm going, better see where you are going" I didn't know what I was saying as I was pissed off when I thought I was getting late. When I turned to look at him the doors of the elevator were already closing, I couldn't see his reaction, but other people were watching me surprisingly

Ignoring the curious stares, I moved on and searched for Ava, luckily I found her in no time.

"Look who is here" Ava said she was cheerful as always.

“Of course, it's me as I have an interview here" I replied.

"Why you seem so pissed? why the long face? You're early, and here I was thinking you'd be late," she teased.

"Early?" I echoed, surprised.

"Yes, it's only 7:30. The interview starts at 8:00 a.m.," she informed me.

"Oh! And here I almost picked a fight with someone I bumped, thinking I was late because of him."

"Yes, you were being you, picking up fight because of your own stupidity." Ava chuckled, shaking her head.

Now, I was regretting my words that I said to that person when I was the one who was wrong.

"Well, how did you manage to arrive early?" she asked.

"I skipped breakfast." I answered.

After that, she gave me a whole lecture on how unhealthy it is to skip breakfast, telling me I would get wrinkles very soon if I continued to skip my breakfast. She then took me to the cafeteria, where I had breakfast. On our way back, she advised me not to break eye contact during the interview, as I was very bad at it. She emphasized the importance of being confident and maintaining eye contact regardless of how awkward it may feel, she told me not to show any kind of emotions. She covered everything necessary.

After that, Ava wished me luck, and I entered the room filled with people who were there for the interview. Both men and women were dressed nicely, but most of the women were wearing short dresses to impress the interviewer. However, I felt more confident after Ava encouraged me, telling me I looked stunning. Name after name was called, and the interview progressed. I sat there, trying to relax myself by taking deep breaths and practicing my answers. After two hours, my name was called - yes, I was the last one. A lady dressed neatly gave me a warm smile and escorted me to where the interview was taking place. I took a deep breath and finally entered the room. The room was filled with the light fragrance of men's cologne. I made my way to the desk where a man was sitting."

-------------------------------------------
You can join me on Instagram and YouTube (I have one more story there, check it out you may like it.)
Instagram:  same username as Wattpad.
YouTube: same username as Wattpad.
(Links are not supported here so I don't provide it.)