Chapter 2

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

"Umm..." I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Lost in thought the night before, I didn't even know what time I had fallen asleep. I groggily hit the snooze button as usual.

Ring! Ring! Ring!*

The alarm went off again, and this time, I jolted awake in a panic, thinking I was late for work. Frantically, I rushed around here and there...
whoosh! I got my senses back realizing that I no longer had a job. I sighed and collapsed back onto my cozy bed.

Sometimes, it's a relief not to have a job and just lounge around, but I knew I needed to find new employment soon. I wasn't wealthy  and my father is not CEO of any company. My parents ran a small restaurant, being their only child, I didn't want to burden them anymore. So, finding a job was essential...

*Ping!*

A message. The only person who would text me this early was Ava.

AVA: "Wake up, sleepyhead. I have good news for you."

ME: "Good news?"

AVA: "Yep, meet me at the café at 5 p.m. DON'T BE LATE."

ME: "Okay."

Good news!

I sighed at the thought of good news and tossed my phone aside.

---

Glancing at the time, I realized it was 4:15 p.m., and I had to be at the café by 5 p.m. Ava's earlier warning echoed in my mind: "DON'T BE LATE." 
"Ugh!! ... I need to get ready" I scrambled to get ready, taking a quick, warm bath and dressing in white jeans, a turtleneck top, a dark green cardigan, and boots. November weather demanded warmth, so I wrapped a scarf around my neck.

Arriving at the café at 5: 01 p.m., I thought I might be the first, but Ava was already there, her blonde hair, sea-green eyes, and fair skin shining. She was dressed in a white shirt, blue jeans, and a coat, having just finished work. I waved at her and walked over.

"I made it on time. You're the early one," I teased.

"Okay! okay! You made in time thank God." She chuckled, and we both laughed as I took my seat.

After some small talk, Ava asked if I'd been looking for a job. I confessed that I had but hadn't found anything yet. As we ordered coffee and food, we continued our conversation.

Once we finished eating, I couldn't wait any longer. "So, what's the good news?"

Ava sipped her coffee and said, "A job."

"What?!"

"I've found you a job, idiot."

"Really?"

"No, just joking" she said, smacking my hand "I don't have time to joke around"

She took another sip. "But seriously, I do have something for you. There's an opening in my company."

She explained that someone had suddenly left a position in one of the department, creating an opportunity for me. Her company offered better pay and job security, which she had mentioned before. This was my chance, and I knew I had to seize it.

"Oh, and one more thing," she added. "As the employee left all of a sudden so the team leader will be conducting the interviews ordered by our CEO as the team leader is very good at that job according to our CEO and he's the CEO's nephew and a bit strict."

"Why the team leader?" I asked.

"He's the CEO's nephew, remember?" she replied. "He is kind of a strict weirdo and he's known for being a bit eccentric."

"I'm doomed," I muttered. "I think I will not get this job."

"Quite opposite you will only get it." She chuckled. "Actually, he might like you. Only a weirdo can handle another weirdo," she joked.

I groaned, but she kept laughing. I was already stressed about the interview.

"But he's incredibly handsome," she added, admiringly. I rolled my eyes.

"You have a boyfriend already," I reminded her.

"Who says I can't appreciate beauty?" she said with a grin. "And don't question my loyalty."

We shared a laugh and continued chatting. Ava filled me in on the details of the interview, which was scheduled for Friday at 8:00 a.m. Day after tomorrow. She promised to put my name on the list and advised me to prepare thoroughly.

-------------------------------------------
You can join me on Instagram and YouTube (I have one more story there, check it out you may like it.)
Instagram:  same username as Wattpad.
YouTube: same username as Wattpad.
(Links are not supported here so I don't provide it.)