Chapter Twenty Five - Tough Decisions

*Xavier's POV*

After months of living on a smelly farm, I was finally freed. I didn't hate the farm like I did when I first arrived, but I still thoroughly preferred cities and suburbs. That's why once Aunt Cora had given me the green light on getting my own place - because she seemed that I wasn't reckless anymore - I had immediately called Hunter.

At first, I thought about crashing at Kylie's house, but I am sure that Hunter has more space to offer. Also, I don't know how Kylie's parents would feel knowing that their daughter's boyfriend was sleeping under the same roof as their daughter.

Yeah, I doubt that request would go over so well.

Luckily, Hunter said that he would allow me to crash at his place. Apparently, he had found a nice condo when he moved over here to Minnesota. I would probably only stay until I found my own place. Maybe I'd follow Hunter's example and rent a condo for myself. It's much closer to Waverly than the farm.

I only brought a suitcase worth of stuff and my backpack. If I forgot anything or needed more, I could simply just buy more. So when I knocked on the door, Hunter's first reaction was to say, "That's it?"

I glanced back down at my things. "I don't think I'm going to stay for that long. I don't want to be a burden or take up too much of your space," I replied. I walked into the condo, lugging the relatively heavy suitcase. Like I had stated, I didn't bring a lot, but the suitcase was already small so it seemed heavy for its size.

"You get the couch, man," Hunter called out from behind me.

I have him a mock solute. "Yes, sir. I wouldn't have expected it another way."

"I'm serious. I'm not giving up my bed and I refuse to share. I just know that you'll shove me off and steal the blankets," Hunter claimed.

"It was only one time!" I exclaimed, knowing what he was referring to. Our first sleepover was when we were both ten. As puny little kids, we easily fit on a queen sized mattress. Unfortunately, I had tended to roll around in my sleep and hog the blankets, this I had accidentally knocked Hunter off of the side of the bed.

Needless to say, he never shared the same mattress as me after that.

"Why don't you organize, or whatever, your stuff? I'll go set up the Xbox," Hunter offered, walking towards the TV. I merely set my suitcase and backpack by the couch. I could organize later. What I needed now was a nap. But playing the Xbox sounded like a good idea too. It was the day before the school week anyway. Why not procrastinate on homework even more?

Instead of lounging on the couch while Hunter searched for his Xbox station, I was stalled by my cellphone. I felt it buzz from my pocket. I peeked and saw a number and name that I haven't seen in a while.

It was Oliver. My agent and manager, the one that helped me with my acting schedule.

I frowned, confused at why he was calling me. I held the phone up to my ear and answered the call.

"Hello?" I answered. From the corner of my eye, I saw Hunter glance up to see me talking on the phone. Once he realized I was on a call, he went back to setting up the Xbox.

"It's been a while Xavier," Oliver immediately greeted before asking, "How's life back in Minnesota?"

"Fine," I replied, still unsure of the purpose of the call. "The paparazzi finally toned down a little."

"Well, I'll be more straightforward now. Although I'd love to hear more about your experience away from Hollywood, I'm calling you now to tell you that you have an opportunity to get immersed in it once more," Oliver began. "As of now, you are one of the top candidates to star in Steven Spielberg's upcoming film on secret agents."