Ch. 29: The Pit

Eda watched Luz demonstrate her abilities on the stage in front of Principal Bump, she couldn't help but think about what happened a few days earlier at the Knee. She tried to speak with Luz about it, only to be met with Luz saying she has no memory of what happened. When Eda said she used some kind of gold fire, she remembers Luz's response.

"You must've been seeing things, I can't use Gold Fire. That's the Flame of Life, only my uncle Vidal can use that."

That practically confirmed to Eda that Luz doesn't realize just how strong she actually is.

'If I ever see her mother, I'm going to talk to her about this.' Eda thought, '... And ask her on a date... I want some goddess pussy!'

Eda was knocked out of her thoughts when Luz walked up to her, smiling widely.

"Eda, did you see that!? I got a perfect score!" Luz said, happily.

Eda chuckled.

"Was there any doubt kid?" Eda asked, ruffling Luz's hair, "You're a natural! Now go hang out with your friends, there's things I have to speak to Bump about."

"Okay!" Luz said, rushing off.

Eda's grin went down as Luz ran off. Eda turned to Bump, and he paled at the serious look on her face.

With Luz, she had done the only thing that made sense to her, and made it to the Plant room, where she found Willow... and Boscha.

"Ugh, this is so boring!" Boscha said, putting her leaves on her pot.

"Well, deal with it." Willow said, making sure that she was putting the right amount of water in a plant, "This is the most important thing I've ever done."

Willow poured the water into the dirt of the plants pot, being very careful and slow, one slip up and it won't be good. She had to hope nothing goes wrong... and then Gus rushed in and made her drop the bottle into the pot.

"... That's not good, is it?" Boscha asked.

Willow picked Boscha up and stepped away. The plant grew large and more... carnivorous. Luz walked up and put her hand out, taking control of the plant. With a quick flick of her wrist, the plant snapped in half.

"Okay, what kind of plant is this and why does it act like that?" Luz asked.

"It's a type of dry plant." Willow said, "It's meant to only receive specific amounts of water. Any more than the amount it requires and it will get mad."

Willow then glared at Gus, as did Boscha... mostly because she was literally at her weakest right now. Luz just sighed and walked over to Gus.

"Okay, so what caused you to run in here?" Luz asked.

"I need your help." Gus said, "Really, really badly."

"What did you do?" Luz asked, crossing her arms.

Gus gave a sheepish laugh.

"So, I have this little club, the Human Appreciation Society, and there's this new member, he's been trying to take over it by bringing in fake human stuff."

"And I can help, how?"

"You've been around humans for so long, you know more about humans than anyone, you can help me show him up as a fraud."

"So, you want to use my knowledge of humans to benefit you... Well, call me Mallory because I'm in!" Luz said, "Go out and wait for me, I have to talk to Willow."

Gus nodded and waited outside the room. Luz turned back to Willow.

"Don't worry, Willow, as soon as school starts, we can get those tweezers and figure out how to help Amity." Luz said, before walking out of the room.