Ch. 8: Slippery Intruder

Luz went downstairs, with the Owl Beast close behind, and King riding on the Owl Beast. Luz went over and saw the door on the ground. She ran over and opened Hooty's eye.

"Hooty? Buddy, can you hear me?" Luz asked, before noticing the burns, "What caused this?"

King jumped off the Owl Beast and looked at the burns.

"I... don't know." King said, "It's not a demon, I know that much, but anyone in going out in the Boiling Rain is a certified maniac."

"I don't like this." Luz said, "Whatever did this is probably in the house, and I can't use my plant powers in here without damaging the house. King go with Eda and stay in her room, I don't want either of you getting injured. I can take anything thrown at me, so I should be safe."

Luz wanted to make sure they were safe, she might be a god, but she was one of Nature, her aunt Althea is the Goddess of Healing, so if something goes wrong, Luz's healing will only help her. They heard a crash and the lights were knocked out.

"King, get upstairs, now!" Luz said.

The Owlbeast ran upstairs, and Luz became a Bengal Tiger. The power of a tiger, along with this specific species being the fastest, along with the night vision, makes it the best possible option. Luz got low and slowly moved towards the kitchen, where the sound came from, similarly to how a Tiger hunts. She walked into the kitchen and saw the last thing she expected to see in this world.

'Is that... a robot?'

In the kitchen, looking for something, was some kind of robot, made from a weird purple goo, with some kind of orange armor on it. It was large, it looked like it had some kind of scanner on its head.

'What the hell is this?' Luz thought, 'What's it looking for?'

Luz decided that it didn't matter, it was going to be scrap before it got the chance. Luz pounced at the machine, but it easily swatted her away. The robots scanner aimed at her and the robot seemed to adjust its body accordingly, becoming something small, designed for speed.

'It... changed... what is this thing?'

Luz just shook her head and just pounced at it again. This time, with a burst of speed, it evaded her, completely shocking Luz.

'It... was faster!?' Luz thought, 'Fine! There's no faster land animal than the Cheetah!'

Luz shifted into a cheetah and ran at it, she was easily able pounce on it. She took it to the ground and was about to bite it but it scanned her again and was able to change again, becoming thin, slim, more snake like and it managed to avoid Luz's bite. It then became large and grabbed Luz by the head. It lifted her up and slammed her onto the ground, breaking the floorboards. Luz returned to normal and stood up.

"Okay, I think I understand now." Luz said, "This thing can scan animals and change itself to avoid getting taken out. It must've been made to get passed Hooty, which explains why you were able to get passed easily."

Luz smirked.

"But you aren't designed for someone like me." Luz said, taking the handle out of her belt loop, "Bring it."

A vine came from the handle and Luz charged at the robot. The robot made its arm into a blade and the two get into a sword battle. Luz swung her blade at it, only for it to block her attack. Luz was forced back from the block and she ran at it. Her eyes were still cheetah eyes and she ran at it, using the speed she gets from it and sliced right through the robot.

"Ha ha!" Luz said, before turning around and seeing the robot repair itself, "Uh oh."

The robot swung at her and knocked her blade out of her hand. She was then grabbed by it and threw her into the wall. Luz hit the wall back first and has never been more glad to be immortal. The large hole and cracks she left definitely would've killed a normal human or witch. The robot walked up to Luz and it's arm made a scythe. It raised it, only to be tackled by the Owl Beast. Luz got nervous very fast, the Owl Beast was clearly very protective of her, unfortunately, it doesn't understand that Luz is incapable of dying.

"No!" Luz said, before the fight between monster and machine knocked her across the room.

The stuff in her pockets came flying out, including the symbol on the paper. Luz began to pick herself up, as the robot scanned the Owl Beast and adjusted itself accordingly. It grabbed her and slammed her head onto the island in the kitchen. It raised it's arm, still a scythe and was ready to cut Eda's head off.

"NO!" Luz said.

Luz scrambled to get over there, accidently touching the paper. She looked down as the glyph glowed green. She took her hand off it and a flower rose from it.

"Is this... magic?" Luz asked when she got an idea, "I can't summon plants without destroying the house, but I can use this to make plants."

Luz began to draw a bigger one, as the robot was about to decapitate the Owl Beast. The Owl Beast screeched as it was about to hit her neck, only to be slammed into the wall by a large root that Luz made.

'So I can funnel my power into this one to make it stronger... nice.' Luz thought, 'Now to destroy this thing!'

The root wrapped around the robot and began crushing it. She didn't stop until it was completely destroyed. She walked over to it and picked up a piece of metal.

"What is... Blight Industries?"