Ch. 3: Potion Run

Luz opened her eyes and began to stretch before turning back into her normal form.

"Huh, honestly thought it was a dream." Luz said.

She looked up and saw Titan, curled up around a roof beam. She got up and began to walk out of the room, before grabbing King and peppering him with kisses.

"Good morning you little cutie pie!" Luz said.

"I am not your cutie pie!" King said.

"Yes, you are." Luz said before hugging him.

She set him down and walked out of the room. She went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

"Hmm, I'm going to need a new outfit sooner or later." Luz said, "Too bad I'm not strong enough to make plant clothing like mom."

Luz looked at her hoodie, which had a large hole in the front from getting stabbed in the chest by Warden Wrath.

"Still, need to find something that doesn't look like it's about to fall apart, or at the very least, get something to patch it." Luz said, "Maybe Eda has clothes I could borrow. Eh, they'll work for now."

Luz left the bathroom and headed downstairs, where Eda was passed out on the couch.

"Huh, well... I'll make breakfast for her and King." Luz said, "She's kind enough to let me stay here, it's the least I can do."

Luz went into the kitchen and began to make food. She didn't have the heart to kill any animals so she decided to make a vegan style breakfast, although unlike many restaurants, when she says you can't taste the difference, you can't taste the difference. Eda woke up to the smell of cooking and, well, she was hungry. Eda got up and went into the kitchen, seeing the young Goddess.

'Oh, right, almost forgot about yesterday.' Eda thought.

"Morning, Kid." Eda said, "What'cha cooking?"

"Oh, nothing special, just some plant based bacon." Luz said.

"Fake meat?" Eda asked, "Ugh, and they say the human realm is advanced."

"Well, since I can talk to animals, I'd feel bad cooking them." Luz said, placing food on the table, "Try it."

Eda sat down and took a strip of bacon. She bit a piece off and let out a sound of approval.

"Not bad, Kid." Eda said, noticing that Luz wasn't eating anything, "Are you... not hungry?"

"I can eat, but being a God means that I don't actually have to. I can go the next hundred years without food or water and be fine." Luz said.

"Jealous." Eda said, "Still, that will save on the food bill."

"So, what's on the witch schedule for today?" Luz asked, excitedly.

"What? God magic isn't enough for you?" Eda asked with a chuckle, "How about I show you a witches most valuable tool?"

Eda stood up and held her hand out. Luz watched in confusion as several things broke around the house, before a staff flew into Eda's hand. She spun it a bit before letting Luz get a good view.

"Now this-"

"Oh, it's a staff, my aunts, uncles, and mom have one." Luz said, "Each one represents what they control. My mom said I'll get to make one when I'm ready, I don't know what she means by that though."

"Well, whatever, with me, you're going to work for your staff." Eda said, "Think about it, you'll have a staff that has witch magic, which is probably better then any of those staffs your family has."

"Cool!" Luz said, ready to learn more about this world, "I bet they'll be happy to learn that I managed to learn that I managed to learn about plants and animals from a completely other world!"

Eda chuckled.

"Sure, Kid, now, how about I give you your first mission, you can even bring that snake of yours with you in case no one decides to pay up." Eda said, walking over and grabbing a sack, "I need you to deliver these potions, a simple task, shouldn't be too hard."

Luz took the sack and tossed it over her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Owl Lady, I won't let you down." Luz said with a salute.

Luz snapped her fingers and after a minute, Titan slithered in and wrapped around her.

"Come on, Titan, we're going on an adventure." Luz said, "And I'm sure you'll find something delicious to eat while we're out."

Luz turned to the door and was about to leave, before Eda stopped her.

"Oh, and... try not to bring up that you're a God, I don't need the Emperor sending people after you." Eda said, "I don't want him using your powers for evil or something."

"Don't worry Eda, anyone that messes with me, I'll just have Titan eat them." Luz scratched Titan's chin, "Who's a good ancient man eater? Is it you? Yes, it is!"

"Yeah, fill that thing up, I don't need it eating King." Eda said.

"Don't worry, Pythons can go at least a couple weeks without food and water, some snakes of his species can go up to a couple months without eating." Luz said, "Alright, I'm off!"

"Good luck kid!" Eda said.

Luz left and headed to the town, she was looking forward to seeing the town, and possibly making new friends.