Ch. 12: Beatings

Luz arrived back at the Owl House from the Covention and went inside.

"Hey kid, how was the brain washing?" Eda asked.

"Yeah, the coven system does seem a bit... messed up." Luz said, "But I don't regret going, because I was able to help someone."

"Oh, good for you... did they pay you?" Eda asked.

"Not everything needs to have a reward Eda, I did it because I wanted to do something nice for a person in need." Luz said.

"Whatever." Eda said, "Just... stay away from some people. Some people aren't just going to give up because you say you're a God."

"Like who? Because it seems to be working." Luz asked.

"People like Odalia Blight." Eda said, "I don't have any evidence of it but... I'm fully convinced she poisoned her husband, because they morning after they had an argument involving him about to divorce her and take their kids... he was found dead under mysterious circumstances."

"What? That's... horrible." Luz said, "What kind of person does that?"

"The worst kind of person." Eda said.

(You may want to skip this next part if you've been abused, this is fucked.)

Elsewhere, Amity landed on the ground head first. She was holding in tears the best she can, but it wasn't doing good as Odalia walked up to her and grinds her heel into Amity's hand.

"I send a simple witch to test your skill and you managed to fuck it up, needing another witch to come over and help you?" Odalia said, actually spitting on Amity's face, "Pathetic, I knew you were a disgrace. Get up you failure!"

Odalia grabbed Amity by her hair and dragged her, the entire time Amity is trying to get out of Odalia's grip. Odalia opened the door to the basement and threw Amity down the stairs, causing Amity to get several broken bones and multiple bruises. Odalia walked down the stairs and grabbed Amity's arm, which was pointing the wrong direction, and pulled her up.

"Get up, brat!" Odalia said, "We aren't done!"

Odalia realigned Amity's arm, not caring how painful and hurtful it was, Amity's whimpers were music to Odalia's ears.

"Now, be a good girl and take your punishment." Odalia spat, dragging Amity over to a wall.

She attaches a pair of handcuffs, which were wrapped around a pipe, to Amity's wrists. Odalia smiled as she ripped Amity's shirt off, concealment stone and all. Without her concealment stone, Amity's true form appeared, her ribs easily showing through her skin, so much so that you can even see which ones were broken. Odalia smiled as she pulled out a steel chain.

"Now... this will hurt, try not to scream too loud." Odalia said, raising the chain.

Amity's screams filled the house, making Odalia very happy. On the ten or eleventh, maybe more Odalia lost count by double digits, Amity's back was riddled with dark purple wounds, as well as some yellowish green ones from last weeks beating. Amity could barely stand up, she was barely conscious right now. Odalia threw a bucket of ice cold water at Amity, putting her into shock as she felt the freezing water hit her.

"Well, I think you deserve a nice sleep after that." Odalia said, "But know this, if you mess up a test again, I won't be as nice as I was here."

Odalia walked away, leaving the half naked, injured girl still cuffed to the pipe. Odalia also made sure the basement was at a nice comfy 35 degrees, just above freezing, but Amity wouldn't know that after getting freezing water thrown on her.

"If you survive, maybe I'll let you eat tomorrow." Odalia said, "And don't forget, you'll be heading over to Boscha's next week for the moonlight conjuring."

Odalia slammed the door shut, making sure it was locked just in case Amity managed to break out of the cuffs like last time. She walked away with a smile on her face