Ch. 28: Surprise

Luz punched the barrier again, as if it would be different than that last thirty time she punched it. She's been stuck so long that the moon had risen, and she still has no idea how to get out. She growled and grabbed the medium sized stone in the barrier with her and threw it into the air. The sound of it hitting water a few miles away could be heard a few seconds later. She just kept looking at the sky, watching the moon rise.

"I wish I could use my godly form, but I can't use that in the mortal realm." Luz said, knowing if she could use that then nothing would be able to stop her, "... Great, just great... bet Mom would've gotten out of this almost immediately."

It started snowing and Luz just sat on the ground and began using her finger to draw in the snow. She drew a plant glyph but it just fizzled out because of the barrier.

"This must've been made for Plant Witches."

Luz laid on the ground, watching the snow fall. She sighed.

"So much for connecting with the Isles." Luz said, "Now I'm trapped in here, Eda is in trouble, and there's nothing that can help."

She looked over at the Titan's Skull.

"Come on, can't you give me a sign or something? God to God?"

Luz looked back at the sky, looking at the stars come out. She noticed something in the stars, a constellation. She sat up and looked at it in confusion, before drawing the symbol in the snow. She touched it and a small ball of light formed in the air. Luz looked at it in amazement.

"Lights... magic... it's... it's here." Luz said, understanding what to do, "Magic is everywhere!"

Luz began to catch snowflakes, hoping to find something of use.

(Yes, I know it's cheating and very convenient to have her find two glyphs in one chapter, but I realized how I wanted her to find the light glyph won't work out in the long run.)

"Come on, come on, come on." Luz said, finally catching a snowflake and seeing a pattern, "Yes!"

She began to draw the glyph to fill the entire barrier. With a bit of a proud smirk. She put her hands up, hoping the glyph wouldn't be some kind of bomb glyph, and pressed them on the glyph, creating a large pillar of ice, which shot her into the sky. She landed in the snow, creating a Luz shaped hole in it, before she rose from it.

"Woooo! That was awesome!" Luz said, fist pumping, then remembering, "Oh, right, Eda!"

With her powers back, she became a wolf and began sniffing around for a scent, which she found... some of Eda's blood. That didn't only get her the scent, but it also enraged her. She growled, before running in the direction of the scent. Luz refused to stop until she found the place they were keeping her. Luz turned back and cracked her neck. She looked at the place and saw large metal doors blocking her way in. Luz put her hands out and large vines wrapped around the doors and crushed them. She walked inside and grabbed two guards by the neck and lifted them up.

"Where is Eda?" She growled.

The guards, barely able to breathe, pointed down the hall. Luz dropped them, and used a plant glyph to wrap them in vines. She walked deeper into the cave. She pulled out several glyphs and looked at them.

"Okay, I need to be careful, I'm running out of glyphs, and I don't sense any plants in this cave to help."

Luz kept walking into the cave, hearing talking. In a large open area, The Golden Guard looked at Eda, smirking under their mask.

"So, let's look at this for a second." Golden Guard said, "You are without your hands, meaning you have no ability to cast magic, you have no staff, and your little pet is gone. I'd love to see how you get out of this."

"You should never underestimate Luz, she's more powerful than you could ever imagine." Eda said, before spitting blood onto their mask.

The Golden Guard growled and backhanded Eda. Eda just smirked.

"You hit like a girl."

"I am-"

Before they could finish that comment, a small lizard crawled under them and quickly became a Utahraptor. That caused the Golden Guard to fall back, which made Luz turn and growl at them.

"G-g-guards!"

The guards came in and Luz pounced. She bit down on the arm of one them, using that to lift the guard up and throw them into another guard. Luz turned back and pulled out a glyph, slamming it on the ground and causing vines to grow. She used her powers and took control of the vines, making them grab the guards and slam them on the ground. Luz grabbed two more and fired them at guards that were charging her, freezing them to the wall. Eda started laughing.

"Great work, Kid, now let's get my hands and we can get out of here." Eda said.

Behind Luz, the vines caught fire, and Luz looked to see the Golden Guard. Luz turned to face them. She reached into her pocket and realized she was out of glyphs. With the vines burned, she had to rely on her animal transformations and her strength.

"Let us go." Luz said.

"Not going to happen." Golden Guard said, "Guards... kill her."

Several other guards ran up and tried to hold Luz down... yeah, that wasn't effective. Luz was easily fighting back, but was distracted enough for the Golden Guard to point their staff at Eda and fire a red beam of magic at her, knocking her to the ground and making her yell in pain. Luz looked and was horrified at the sight.

"Eda!"

Luz was suddenly tackled by the guards.

"No! Get off me! I... Eda!"

Luz closed her eyes and then they shot open, being pure white. The ground started to shake, making the guards look nervous.

"Is that a tremor!?"

"There hasn't been tremors here in years!"

Luz stood up and threw the guards off her. She looked at the Golden Guard, but not in the way someone normally would if they were mad, she looked at them as if she was... possessed. Luz held her hand out and it caught on fire, a golden fire. Luz closed her fist, and slammed it on the ground, spreading the fire around, but not killing anyone, more like knocking them back. Luz put her arms out and ice began forming, freezing all the guards in place. Luz held her hand out and a massive root, from a tree that died thousands of years ago, grew and grabbed the Golden Guard. The root slammed them onto the ground. Luz walked over to Eda and put a hand on the burn, letting it heal. Luz's eyes stopped glowing and she passed out. Thankfully, one of the roots broke open the cage that had her hands, which let her get them. She grabbed Luz and used her magic to teleport away. She had so many question about what she saw, as that was clearly NOT plants or animals like she had come to know the god using, but that would come later, as not only was Luz completely out, but Eda was exhausted herself. So questions could wait until later... still... she was so confused by what she saw.