take 20: on cloud 9

Kayson pulled into the parking lot of the exhibit space. Taking a deep breath, they popped the trunk and turned off the car. Grabbing their bag out of the passenger seat, they got out the car. Kayson grabbed their portfolio out of the trunk. They slammed it shut, walking into the hall where the art show was being held. Although always confident in their work, Kayson instantly felt belittled by the wondrous work around them. They quickly found their spot and set up.

"Hello artists! Guests and potential buyers will be arriving soon. Please make sure your place cards are up and ready to go! Good luck to you all." the host said. About five minutes later, people flooded through the doors. Kayson smoothed their shirt and try to stand proudly behind the work they thought they were proud of.

The whole night went by and Kayson got mere glances and nods at their work. But no buyers. No one even struck up a conversation with them. Towards the end of the night, a small figure approached their set-up.
"You're so talented." the short girl said in awe. Kayson blushed lightly.
"Thank you, I really appreciate it." Kayson said. The small girl smiled and walked around the whole set up twice. Kayson was mesmerized by their appearance.

"Can I buy this?" the small girl said while holding up a jar in the shape of an orchid.
"Yes, it's 80."
"Awesome." the girl said, smiling. She handed Kayson four twenties. There was a small tattoo on the side of her neck.
"I'm Cloud." she said, staring at them. Before Kayson could speak, the host spoke.
"Thank you all for coming! I hope you all made some sales! Please be out of the building by 5."
"Shit." Cloud said while checking their watch. They ran off towards the back of the venue. Kayson shrugged and silently packed up. They were curious as to what Clouds exhibit looked like.

"Hey, so, where you headed after this?" Cloud popped back up.
"I'm just going back home. What will you do?"
"I don't know... wanna hang out?" Cloud questioned. Kayson stared at her as she struggled to carry all the stuff that was in her exhibit.
"You should consider getting a folder or a cart. You have a lot of items in your exhibit."
"Yea I know but I can handle it. So do you wanna hang out or not?"
"Why is your name Cloud?"
"Cause I like it, are we gonna hang out?"
"Yea we can, I'm Kayson."
"okay cool, can you come with me to my car?"
"sure." Kayson replied while packing up their exhibit.

It was a mostly quiet walk to the parking lot. Cloud hummed to herself and Kayson remained silent. the small girl was bubbly and a bit loud. kayson was the silent and stoic type, suppose that makes them perfect for each other.
"i'm going to my car first then i'll meet you back here." kayson said.

"okay!" cloud replied while struggling to open the car door. kayson stared for a bit but walked back to their car. putting away all the unsold art in their trunk. kayson took a deep breath and headed back to clouds car. she was rolling up in the front seat. kayson open the passenger side door and sat down.
"i'm glad you came back! do you smoke?" cloud asked. kayson nodded their head.

"cool!" cloud beamed. "i have extra papers and weed if you don't want to share."
"no it's okay, we can share." kayson replied taking the spliff from cloud. they inhaled a couple times before passing it back to cloud. kayson looked around at the stickers in the girls car.
"you're an aggie?"
"oh yea! i'm a freshman. do you go there too?"
"no, i'm not in school right now. you're 18?"
"i'm 19, how old are you?"
"20." kayson said. the two smoked in silence until they were done with the spliff.

"you don't talk much do you.." cloud said while leaning her seat back.
"i'm a listener. i want to hear you talk, your voice is soothing my brain." kayson said, making cloud flush a bit red.
"i've never heard that before, thank you."
"you're welcome, tell me about your art." kayson said. the sun was setting right in front of the two, creating a beautiful landscape for them to gaze upon as they talked.

kayson watched as clouds hands moved when she talked. how her eyes lit up when she mentioned her pet cat Nebula. Kayson absorbed everything cloud said, allowing her words to dance on their brain. What the hell was in that weed? Kayson thought to themself.
"your hair is so pretty.. may i touch?" cloud asked quietly.

"go for it." kayson replied. clouds hand gently massaged kayson scalp.
"man shit you tryna put me to sleep?"
"no!" cloud said giggling. "your hair feels extra soft, i think this is what a cloud would sound like. i mean feel like."
"you're cloud." kayson said turning their head to stare at cloud. "where did you get your name from?" they asked. cloud picked up the spliff from the ash tray and pulled a perfect ghost before blowing it out slightly at kayson.

"that's why." she said smiling. the pair sat and stared at each other. cloud tapped kaysons nose over and over. she liked the way it felt, their skin felt extremely soft. kayson enjoyed the energy the girl gave off. she was sweet and bubbly but not in an irritating way. the silence was comforting.
"when can i see you again?" kayson asked. cloud blinked while she thought.
"TOMORROW! i can come see you after class!" she said beaming. kayson placed both their hands on clouds face.

"you're stunning." they said. cloud giggled and leaned in a little closer.
"no you." cloud replied. kayson watched as she talked. almost as if her lips moved in slow motion. kayson gently brushed their thumb across clouds bottom lip.
"can i..." kayson asked gently. cloud gently smiled and leaned in closer to kayson. they gingerly placed their lips on clouds. this kiss was like no other. cloud felt a burst of sunshine while kayson felt a sense of relief. both were happy but for different reasons.

as they kissed one of kaysons hands wandered to clouds neck while the other had found a home in her locs. as their lips danced with each other and their tongues twirled in harmony, kayson knew that this loud and bubbly girl was home. kayson pulled away and stared at her.
"you are breathtaking." they said.
"i want to say i love you." cloud said giggling. kayson was taken a back slightly, but figured it was the weed talking.

"i'm going to head home, can i put my number in your phone?" kayson asked still holding clouds face. the constant physical contact was something both parties enjoyed. cloud unlocked her phone and handed it to kayson. they saved their number as "kayson:D" before handing cloud back her phone.
"i'll see you tomorrow." kayson said before they gently kissed cloud on her cheek. they got out her car and tried to suppress the smile.

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚. ₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚. ₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚. ₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.

hello all.