take 6: how to write

kalanis pov.
insp by twenties.

I've been staring at this computer for an hour. I've been needing to write but I can't get anything out. I closed my laptop and sighed. I look around, everyone in here was working. They typed away on their computers, only stopping to sip coffee, then immediately going back. The elites had straws. I bet they're not trying to be creative during a dry spell. I thought to myself. I opened back my laptop to see the blank document staring at me.

"What the hell do I write?" I said outloud to myself.
"Well you can start by actually writing." A voice replied to me. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up from my laptop. I saw a girl standing by my table. Her name tag read Jordi, with a small heart doodled next to it.

"Well Jordi it's not as easy as it seems." I retorted. She shook her head and took off her apron as she sat down. I made up my face a bit. I never invited her to sit, I don't take well to strangers.
"My name is Jordane, Jordi is a work nickname. And I meant actually write, like with a pencil or a pen and some paper. Typing while you're trying to be creative doesn't work." She said. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my water. I didn't ask for advice, it annoyed me even more because she was right.

"Fine, you're mostly right." I said while maintaining eye contact.
"What's your name?" Jordane asked. I turned my empty coffee cup around so she could see.
"Nice to meet you Kalani." She stuck out her hand and I looked at it. Be normal Lani, shake her hand. I gave her an awkward smile and shook her hand. As soon as she let go I grabbed my hand sanitizer and doused my hands in it.

"Sorry." I muttered. Jordane laughed and glanced at her watch.
"Look I gotta get going but it was nice meeting you. I hope to see you again, next time with a pencil and a pad." She smiled at me before walking out the door. I watched her walk away. Jordane, Jor-dane, j o r d a n e. I repeated to myself, I hoped I remembered her name. I closed my laptop for the final time and pulled out my notebook. I shook my led pencil 3 times then pushed the eraser twice.

I wrote the date in the corner and my initials under the date. It took a minute then the words flowed through my body and out onto the paper. I stopped when my wrist got tired. A big struggle for me was staying focused and consistent. Did this Jordane person just solve my life? I mean writing was my livelihood... kinda.

I had a job as a bartender but writing was my dream job. I packed up my things as I readied myself to leave the cafe. I pushed in my chair and walked out to my car. I put my bag in the backseat and sanitized my hands when I sat in the drivers seat. A feeling of contentment washed over me as I drove home. Jordane.

Thoughts?
this is very short but I do like it. I might keep adding to it tho. If i can figure out a whole plot for this I'll slap it together as a short story