take 3: and they were roommates (pt1)

Jaliyah's POV

"That's all for today, please study the remaining chapters. Remember the unit test on Monday!"

I picked my head up from the desk in the lecture hall. Shit a test? Damn it. I packed up my stuff and walked out of my Forensics class. I looked at the bulletin board in the hallway and noticed one of my flyers was missing. I could've sworn I put one up here. I walked to my car and sighed. It's been three months and I still couldn't find a roommate. I sat in my car with my head on the steering wheel. I finally turned on the car as someone tapped on my window. I rolled it down without picking up my head.

"Hey, Jaliyah? Jaliyah Watson? I saw your flyer about the apartment." I looked up and saw this beautiful ass girl. She had a septum piercing, a fresh hair cut, and her hair was in braids. Her skin was a beautiful brown and I saw tattoos on her neck and forearms.

"Yea that's me, are you interested?"
"I am. My name is Valerie Brooks." She smiled at me and I half smiled back. I was dead tired and I didn't wanna do much talking.
   "Oh I know you, you're the one that sings and dances right?" She nodded.
   "I'm surprised you know who I am... You've never spoken to me. I mean we're both juniors."

"I don't really have time for friends, that's probably why we've never spoken before. If you can come by tonight we can do a quick interview and I'll decide if you're good to go or not. What's your number?" She read off her digits to me as I put it in my phone.
"So... I'll see you later Jaliyah. You're very pretty." Valerie said while looking at me. I felt my face get hot.

"Uh thanks, so are you. See you later." I could tell she was about to speak again so I quickly rolled up my window and started to drive off. I didn't want anything but a damn roommate, not a fuck buddy I lived with. Although... No, I don't want that. I sighed as I drove home. College was stressful, finding a normal roommate was stressful, work was stressful. I need like four spliffs to the face right now. When I finally got home I flopped on bedroom floor, not even aiming for my bed. My phone vibrated in my pocket. Mmcht what do folks want bruh? I had a text from Valerie, yay me I guess.
——
Val: hey i have to work until 9 tonight, can i come by after?
Jaliyah: yea sure. 836 oak lane. bring food.
Val: kk, see you later beautiful
——
My face became warm again, how is she doing that? I wasn't that hungry I just wanted to see what she would bring, to help me figure out her personality. I got up off the floor to shower and whatnot. I threw on some Ethika boxers and a matching sports bra. I landed on my bed and turned on Bobs Burgers. I felt myself start to drift off to sleep.

*****

I woke up to my phone ringing. This better be a fucking emergency for folks to be waking me up out my sleep. Damn. I had four missed calls and 6 texts from Valerie. I sat up drinking water not really understanding. Until it clicked. OH FUCK. I looked at the time, it was 9:16. I rushed downstairs disregarding the fact that I had little to no clothes on. I flung open my door and saw Valerie walking back to her car. Shit shit shit shit.

"VALERIE!! HEY HEY WAIT DON'T LEAVE YET" She spun around and walked towards me, looking me up and down. I moved out the doorway so she could come in, she was carrying a pizza box. Good choice, a casual food.

"I'm so sorry Valerie. I completely fell asleep after school. I'm usually very punctual and I swear it won't happen again and-" She cut me off. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey relax. It's perfectly fine, I get it. It's all good Liyah." Valerie placed her hands on my shoulders pulling me closer to her. She moved one of her hands and traced the rim of my boxers. It sent chills down my spine. No. I didn't want this. I pushed her hand away.

"Yea no. I don't even know you like that and you're a bit too fucking close, respectfully." She smirked and adjusted her hat.
"Fair enough. Can we do the interview now?"
"Yea Ima go grab some clothes. Sit on the floor cause you have your work clothes on. Don't touch anything." I felt her eyes watch me go upstairs.
"Damn." I heard her mutter. This was gonna be a long night.

Valerie's POV
Jaliyah was fucking perfect. Yea I like studs and what about it? I could tell she wasn't ready to dive in with me. But I can tell she wants to. The way she squirmed when I touched her boxers, averting her gaze. Shawty want meeeeee. She came back downstairs in an oversized black tee. Liyah sat in front of me.

"Are you ready to start?" She asked me.
"Sure am cutie pie." I smirked as she rolled her eyes at me.
"Do you have a significant other? Do you have any bad habits? Are you good at cooking? How would you rate your level of cleanliness on a scale of 1-10? Are you a cuddler? Do you have any allergies? How do you feel about pets? Do you watch porn? Do you snore?" She paused and stared at me waiting for my answers. There was no need to come at me with allem questions damn.

"Okay relax, damn. I'm single, I have a short temper, I'm a good enough chef, a solid 8.5, I'm a huge cuddler, no allergies, I love animals, I don't need to watch if you know what I mean, and no I do not snore."
"Are you lying?" I laughed at her. Didn't I just answer allem damn questions?
"Nah shawty all of that is the truth. Do I get to ask you questions?" She glared at me, she's so cute when she's mad.

"When's the nearest date you can move in and do you drink? Is there anything else I should know about you Valerie? Be honest." I smirked at her. Ain't no way in the deepest pits of hell I'm telling her about me smoking weed almost everyday. What if she's a fed? Then what? Exactly.
"I do drink occasionally. I can move in tomorrow if you want me to."

"Well here's the thing. There's not a lick of alcohol in here... I want to keep it that way. I'm never going to ask you again so here it is. Please do not drink in this apartment. I don't mind weed if you wanna smoke but please no alcohol." I saw the seriousness in Liyah's eyes and promised myself I wouldn't break her rule. At least I could smoke so that's really great for me.
"Yea you got it sweetheart." Jaliyah stood up and started to walk upstairs.
"Bitch you coming to see the room or not?" Yea that's the first and last time she's ever talking to me like that. Besides, I'll get her to fold for me.

questions, comments, concerns?