take 15: the lesson (snippet)

"That'll be all for today. Please review chapters 5 and 6. Have a good evening guys. Cy hang back for a sec?" My professor said. I looked up from packing my stuff away and debated whether or not I should finish or go to their desk. I stood there thinking unable to come to a decision.

"Cy? I called for you." My professor stated snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Sorry." I muttered. I sat in the chair she placed in front of her desk. I counted all the pencils and pens on her desk under my breath.
"Cy. Cy. CYPRIEN!"
"Huh?" My professor sighed and shook her head.
"I'm worried about your lack of focus. It's affecting your grade in my class."
"I have a good grade though."

"Cyprien you have a D- and it's the second month of school."
"Oh shit. Oops sorry. Um so what can I do about my grade?"
"You're insanely bright and that comes through on your work. But your work is constantly late and I have to dock points for that."

"Sorry."
"Look, I don't want you failing this class because your work is a marvel to read and you're very intelligent. Are you able to stay after every Thursday so we can work on your focus and time management skills?"

"Uhhh yea. Until what time?"
"7."
"Ok got it, Tuesdays until 7."
"No Cy. Thursdays."
"Thursdays until 6."
My professor sighed. I don't remember her name but she says a lot of things I don't remember.

"Just stay after on Thursday okay?"
"Yep!" I said while getting up. I started to walk out the classroom when I was stopped again.
"Cyprien your things." My professor said. I cringed at myself and turned around to finish packing up.
"Um thanks, have a good night." I said. My professor nodded at me.

Thursday Evening.

When the class cleared out I took a seat at the chair she had yet again placed at her desk.
"I'm glad to see you Cy. How has this week been for you?"
"It's been okay, I remembered the day and I don't think I did too bad on your quiz." I replied. She nodded her head.

"What are we doing today Professor?" She laughed a bit.
"It's after school hours, you can call me Jayce or Jay."
"Okay well what are we gonna do today?"
"I'm going to give you some focus exercises just so I can get a baseline." I half nodded while I played with the strings of my hoodie. Jayce stood up and took off her sweater. Her muscles were much more noticeable with just her button down. She definitely kept my focus but in the wrong way. I started at her as she talked. I watched her every move and comprehended absolutely none of what she said.

"You got that Cyprien?"
"Um yes, I got it." I said blushing darkly. She smirked while looking at me.
"Everything alright? You're a bit red in the face." Jayce said. I put my head down trying to hide my face more.
"Yes I'm fine." I squeaked out. Jay let out a small laugh.
"Lets get started shall we?" She handed me a small packet of about 3 pages.
"Do as much as you can in ten minutes okay?" Jayce said while standing at her desk. She looked down at me, not only because she was tall but because I was sitting down.

"Yes ma'am." I said while looking up at her. She took a deep breath then sat down, avoiding eye contact with me.
"Begin." She instructed. I opened the packet and was instantly confused. A whole bunch of random symbols stared back at me. I looked up at Jayce.
"Just do what you can, I'm not going to help you." I rolled my eyes at her but tried my best. When the time was up I handed it back to her. For the rest of the time we did random worksheets and I filled out a questionnaire.

"Can I be done now?" I asked while looking at Jayce. She glanced up from her phone.
"Do you feel done?"
"Yes."
"Okay then you can go." I started putting away my stuff as I got a text from my roommate.