🩶 The Mysterious Troll (Part 1) 🩶

(This Takes Place Back When Poppy And Branch Were Teenagers. Branch is around 16 And Poppy is Around 14)

Branch: *Tossing And Turning In His Sleep* No... Please No... Grandma... Please Don't Leave me... 😣

Branch: *Snaps Awake* *GASP!* 😨

Branch: Oh... It Was Just Another Nightmare... 😰

The Grey, Teen Troll had just woken up from another nightmare in A Cold Sweat... He was pretty much used to having Nightmares by now... But it still catches him off guard. He rubbed his eyes and looked over to his clock and saw it was 7:34 AM.

Branch: Well... guess I better get up...

Branch got up and Got ready for the day as usual, He went to his bathroom and Brushed His teeth. He looked at himself in his slightly Cracked mirror... Yep, he was Still Grey... and he hated it.

Everyone thought that Branch was just A Grey, Grumpy Troll with no emotions... But that was far from the truth, He DID Have feelings... But they were mostly just Sadness, Anger, And Loneliness. Branch Always told the other Trolls that he likes being alone. But the Truth is Branch Really wanted to spend time with them deep down... but he couldn't, Why would he risk it? He feared that if he got attached to someone they would either end up abandoning him... or dying...

Branch: *Sigh* *Picks Up His Vest And Hugs It. Thinking of His Brother Floyd* I miss you... So much... 😔 *Puts The Vest On*

As Branch Was Just About To Leave The Bunker to collect more Materials, He Passed By A Hidden Shelf That Contained Things That Are VERY Precious To Him... Princess Poppy's Invitations. That's Right, He Saved Every Single One, Even The Ones He Destroyed, He Repaired Them And saved Them.

Princess Poppy was different from the other Trolls In The Village... No Matter what he said and did, She NEVER Gave up trying to Make him feel Happy. In The Deepest, Darkness of Branch's Fearful And Lonely Life... Poppy Was like This Faint... Shining Light that keeps him hopeful. He Has A Huge Crush on Her. But He Didn't want Her to end up getting Hurt or Killed because of Him.

Oh Well...

Branch Left His Bunker And Started Collecting Sticks And Rocks, He Was Currently Working On Clay's Room- Well... What WOULD Be Clay's Room If He ever came back... And He Heard Someone walking up to him. @He didn't even have to look to immediately know who it was.

Branch: *Under His Breath* Dammit... 😑

Poppy: Hi Branch! How Are you doing today? 😁

Branch: I'm Greeeat. I'm Doing Absolutely Wooonderful. 😑

Poppy: *Doesn't Understand Sarcasm At All* Oh Good! I Was Just Wondering If-

Branch: -No. 😑

Poppy: I Didn't Even Say- 😐

Branch: -I Already Know you're going to try and Invite me to something.

Poppy: Whaaaaat? No. 😅

Branch: (-_-)

Poppy: Ok I Was... 😓 But it's REALLY Important!

Branch: No Thanks. 😑 *Starts Walking Away*

Poppy: I Was Just wondering if you wanted to go to the Summer Dance with me?

Branch: *Stops* 😦!

Wait... Did he just hear that right? Did Poppy, The PRINCESS, Just As HIM... The most miserable Troll in the village to Go to the Summer Dance With Him? As in... The Dance when you usually bring A DATE?! Branch's Heart felt like it was about to explode! (And the teen hormones definitely didn't help)

Branch: Wait... The Summer Dance?! Me?! Why?! 😧

Poppy: Well... I Figured it would be Good for you! The Summer Dance Is Lots of Fun! And Who Knows, you might end up finding A "Special Someone" At The Dance! 😉 You Can really Use Some Companionship.

In Branch's Mind: Oh! So she wasn't asking me out... She's just trying to hook me up with someone... Well, That's A Little less Stressful... But I still won't go.

Branch: *Sigh* Look Poppy, I'm glad you're trying to help me find someone... But... I'm fine with being alone. *Lies*

Poppy: Oh... Ok... 🙁 But if you change your mind... Here's the invitation. *Gives Branch A Sparkly Invitation to the Summer Dance*

Poppy: Well... Have A Good Day Branch... *Walks Away, Looking Disappointed*

Branch: *Staring At the Invitation* I'm Sorry Poppy... I Just Can't.

Later That Day, Branch was in his Bunker, Debating if he wanted to go... Usually he would Just Tell Himself "NO" But this time was different... Like Poppy Said... The Summer Dance would be great for Finding someone, There will be Lots of Other Teen Trolls There. And Maybe, JUST Maybe... He Could Try To Ask Poppy Out.

Branch: *Looks At Himself In His Mirror* I Don't Know if I should... There's no way Poppy would want to be my girlfriend...

Branch: ...

Branch: BUT... If By Some Miracle She DID Want to Be with me... It would Make me feel better... Maybe I should go...

Branch: ...Yeah! You know what! I'm Gonna Do It! 😃

???: Are you Sure You Want To Do That?

Branch: Huh?! 😨

Branch Was Imagining That His Reflection Was Talking To Him In The Mirror. 🪞

Reflection Branch: There's NO Way ANY Troll, ESPECIALLY The Princess Will EVER Love Us! 😠 And even if she Did, she would probably just abandon Us anyway!

Branch: What? N-No! Not Poppy, She wouldn't Abandon me... She cares about me... 😥

Reflection Branch: Like Anyone Would Want to Date the Village Grump! 😒 I Mean... LOOK AT US! We're Grey, Our Ears Are Deformed, We Smell Like Dirt And Sweat. Heck, Even Our EYES Are Grey And Soulless! Your Lucky the Princess hasn't kicked Us out of the village yet!

Branch: *Starting To Get Really Mad* Shut Up... You can't control me... 😠

Refection Branch: I'm Doing this for our own sake.

Branch: No... You're just trying to stop me from ever finding happiness... 😠

Reflection Branch: Even if She DID Really love us...... You know what would happen? 😠

Branch: *Clenching His Fist* Don't you DARE Say it... 😡

Reflection Branch: ...You Will End Up Getting Her Killed. 😡

Branch: SHUT UP! 😡

SMAAAAASH! 👊

Branch Punched the Mirror Hard, Causing it to completely shatter. Hurting his fist in the process.

Branch: ARRGH! 😣 *Rubs His Now Bruised Fist*

Branch: ...

Branch: I Don't care what you say... I'm Going to That Dance!

To Be Continued...