Chapter 16

For FandomKrazy

*One Month Later*

"You look handsome." I fixed the tie around his neck. It came to almost choke him.

"What's wrong with you?" I gasped as Ronnie's hand came to wrap painfully around my wrist. I smiled weakly.

"Nothing. I'm just....I'm just nervous." His hand came to my cheek.

"Why would you be nervous, babe?"

"No reason." He held my hand when we walked into the ballroom. Kirstie had invited us to the party and I almost couldn't believe that she would do that. Ronnie isn't good in these situations.

"Hey." Kirstie came up to me. She was wearing a tan, sparkling mermaid dress that flared out at her stilettos. She gave me a hug. "How are you doing?" I pulled away.

"I'm doing fine." Kirstie turned to Ronnie.

"Can you come with me to get a drink?" Ronnie nodded, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and escorted Kirstie to the bar. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Eli.

"What are you-"

"Eli!" Scott was completely absorbed in his brother. "Mom and Dad want you dressed in a suit. You can't expect them to host a charity event successfully when their kids aren't properly dressed. So go ba-" Scott stopped mid-sentence when Eli tilted his head up. I saw Scott swallow nervously. "I should have known Kirstie's plus three had to include you."

"Scott?" I grabbed him by the tie. It was the easiest thing to reach for. "Please let me talk to you." I let go of his tie when Ronnie came back with Kirstie. Ronnie looked at Scott but didn't seem to recognize him.

"We should go dance." Kirstie held her hand for Ronnie. He smiled. He leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"I'll be back."

"Okay." Ronnie walked away with Kirstie on his arm. Scott grabbed my hand, pulling me to the dance floor. He wanted to talk away from Eli. He pulled me into a slow dance.

"You're back with him?" He was talking in hushed tones. I closed my eyes.

"He came back to get his stuff and he moved back in." I could tell Scott was mad. His jaw was tightened.

"So the man who hurt you can stay but the man who loves you had to leave?" I could feel my tears threatening to spill.

"I didn't mean it. I don't know what came over me." I didn't the first thing I could think of. I hugged him. He stopped from swaying back and forth to wrap his arms around me. I felt like crying. I wanted him to come home. I wanted him back in my life. I wanted him to be my boyfriend.

"Here." He pushed me back to a good distance and kept dancing with me. "I don't want you to get in trouble." I nodded, a small sniffle coming out. "Don't cry." He sighed.

"I miss you. You've been gone a month and I can't stop thinking of you." I glanced around to look where Ronnie was. He was on the other side of the ballroom, wrapped up in a conversation with Kirstie and another man. His back was to us.

"Why'd you go back to him, Mitch?" I looked back at Scott.

"I was lonely. I can't stand being alone and I had pushed you away. I made a mista-" I let out a tiny gasp when he leaned down to kiss me. I couldn't help the loud sigh of relief that came with my arms wrapping around his neck. I was savoring the feeling of his body pressed against mine.

"I'm sorry." His lips were inches away from mine. I brought my eyes up to his beautiful blue ones.

"Scott, I lo-"

"What the hell are you doing?!" I was yanked out of Scott's arm. Ronnie held my arm tightly. "Stay away from my boyfriend!" Ronnie shoved his finger in Scott's chest.

"Stop using your boyfriend like an object! Don't be an asshole!"

"Ronnie! Stop it. Everyone is looking." I tried to pull my boyfriend away from hurting the man I love. Everyone had stopped to see what was going on. Eli ran over to hold his brother back.

"Stop. This kind of scum isn't worth it." I heard Eli whisper to Scott. I had managed to get Ronnie looking towards me. I had his face cupped in my hands. I let my eyes travel to Scott. He was completely pissed.

"But Mitch is." Scott jumped forward to punch Ronnie in the face. I took a step back to get away.

"Scott! Scott! Stop it!" Eli was screaming at his brother. They were landing punches on each other. Ronnie more than Scott unfortunately. Ronnie had Scott pinned on the ground. Ronnie's strong hands were wrapped around Scott's throat.

"Ronnie! Stop!" I wrapped my arms around Ronnie's throat and pulled back with all my strength. He choked loudly, falling roughly back while crushing me underneath his weight. Ronnie rolled off. I had to jump up quickly before he could attack Scott again. I grabbed Ronnie's face in my hands. "Stop! I'm yours. I'm yours, not his. Look at me, baby."

"I should kick his ass."

"You already did. It's done. It's over." He pulled me into a hug. I looked at Scott over my boyfriend's shoulder. He wiped away the blood that was coming out of his busted lip. His white sleeve became stained red in a small patch. I closed my eyes as my tears stung my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I waited outside until the party was over. Ronnie had left to go home. I was alone. I watched Kirstie leave with Jeremy. Scott was the last to come with his family. "Scott?"

"I don't want to talk." He didn't even turn to look at me.

"I did it to protect you. He was hurting you."

"Security would have stepped in."

"I did it because I care about you, damn it!" I slammed my foot on the ground. Scott's family kept walking without him. There was a long silence. "I love you." It was barely above a whisper. He turned around. "Oh, Scott." He hissed in pain when I touched his cheek. There was a cut on the cheekbone.

"It's stings." I opened my mouth to continue the conversation.

"It's time to go home, Mitch." My hand shot to my side when I heard Ronnie's voice. He lied to me. Scott wouldn't make eye contact with me.

"Goodbye, Scott." I was able to give him a hug.

"I love you too." I felt a pulse of relief pass through my body. I left him to walk over to Ronnie. Ronnie yanked my arm.

"Don't ever do that again. Do you hear me?"

"Yes." It was a meek answer. But I was so scared.

So heartbroken.