Chapter 8

For Pentatonix_Fangirl

"What's this one?" Scott pointed at the scar on my shoulder. He brushed his thumb along the blemished skin. I looked at the scar to try and remember.

"A cat's claw got me." He looked for more of the fair skinned marks that interrupted my normal skin tone.

"What's this one?" The one he pointed to next was on my throat. I put my own hand up to feel it. I was drawing a blank on that one so I just shrugged. He grabbed my hand and pointed at one in the middle of my palm.

"I dropped my hand on a nail. Hurt." He looked around my body for awhile longer. He found a cut on my side. My body became numb at the sight of that scar. Scott felt me tense. He repeated his question from earlier. I brought my fingers to lace through his, taking his hand away from it. "Ronnie." That name stilled everything in the room. It felt like even the air around us stopped and refused to go into our lungs.

"Wh-" Scott paused. He kept staring at it. "He hurt you that bad?"

"It was an accident."

"That's not an answer. It's an excuse." He sat up on the bed. "I can't do anything about what he did to you. Just tell me what happened." I tried to remember.

"I don't remember. I woke up after." I sat up to kiss his shoulder. "I'm not making an excuse. I really think it was an accident."

"How long later did he hit you?" I moved so I was sitting beside but we were now facing each other. I brushed his hair away from his eyes.

"About a month. But he's gone. Ronnie doesn't matter anymore." His hand came to hold mine.

"Well, I'm not going to do that. You have me." I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off. "And I know that we are not together. But I am here for you." I leaned over to kiss him. It felt so nice to hear him say that.

"Scott?" We broke the kiss to look at the person in the doorway. I didn't recognize the boy in front of us.

"Eli? What are you doing here?" Scott got up from the bed. Luckily, we were both wearing bottoms. He went over to the boy.

"Mom and dad are coming to check the place out." Eli shifted on his feet to look at me. This was Scott's brother? I can see it. They had different facial structures but the same blue eyes and blonde hair. Eli's was cut in a buzz cut fashion when his older brother's was more eccentric.

"Of fucking course they are." Scott sighed loudly.

"Who's he?" Eli motioned his head towards me. Scott looked back at me.

"That's my roommate Mitch. Mitch, this is my younger brother Eli." Scott rubbed Eli's head playfully. The little brother grumbled quietly. "You can hide in the room until my parents leave or you can come meet them?" Scott was talking to me now. I thought about it.

"I don't know." I said it slowly. I didn't know what his parents were like. They might just automatically hate me. Scott seemed to notice my nervous attitude.

"Eli. Give me your key and wait for mom and dad outside. Thanks for telling me." Eli left and I heard the door slam shut. "He always warns me. Forgot to mention that." Scott leaned against the wall. "You can come meet them. I feel like they would like you. First guy I've been around that would fit that."

"Maybe." Scott cracked his knuckles before going to answer the door. I quickly got dressed. Then I held onto the corner that looked into the living room.

"Scott Richard! Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" Scott chuckled when he gave his mom a hug. I pressed myself against the wall so they couldn't see me.

"You coming?" Eli was standing right next to me. He grabbed my hand and brought me into the living room.

"How old are you?"

"I'm fourteen. How old are you?" Eli saying his age made me realize I didn't know Scott's.

"I'm twenty-one."

"You're a cradle robber." Eli poked fun at his brother. Scott just rolled his eyes though. He put his arm around my shoulders and brought me closer.

"Mom. Dad. This is my roommate, Mitch. Mitch, this is my parents." I felt myself blush at his parents looking me up and down.

"He's adorable." Mrs. Hoying leaned over to pinch my cheek. "Maybe you'll stay with this one now."

"Mom, they're not dating." Eli was sitting on the couch. "Just fucking."

"Eli! Language!" Scott was the one who yelled at his brother. Their parents didn't seem to mind. I went to sit down on the couch. "He's just my friend." Eli snorted. Scott punched him.

"Ow!" Eli came to sit next to me and the furthest away from his brother.

"I meant maybe you'll stay in this apartment longer than the rest. You barely stay put." Scott shrugged at the situation. He didn't even seemed phased.

"It was nice to meet you but I have to start on my homework." I stood up, politely smiled at his parents, and went back to my room. Hours passed as I did nothing. Then Scott opened my door. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"What do you mean?" He came to lay next to where I was sitting.

"That you don't stay in places long. I like you being my roommate, Scott."

"Is it because the sex?" He teased me with a smirk on his face. I scoffed. He was a dork. I shoved his shoulder.

"Don't be a smart ass." I was staring at my hands. "There's just something about you. I don't want you to leave." Scott sat up to run his fingers across my cheek.

"Maybe I'll stay a little longer. I already have anyways. What's a little longer going to do?" I sort of jumped back at his lips brushing against mine. When he kissed me, it took awhile for me to relax into it. My eyes finally fluttered closed and my hand went to the back of his neck.

"Will you really? Will you stay?" I was underneath him now. My hands went to touch his chest.

"I plan on staying for as long as you need me."