Chapter 78: Trust Your Instincts When You Sense Trouble

Start from the beginning

Handing the lunch boxes to the logistics Ninjas, Tatsuma couldn't help but think that if he hadn't obtained the system but still pursued the path of a Ninja, he would likely choose to work in a similar role.

Although, once the war reached its intense phase, these Genin might have to join the front lines, it wasn't necessarily an awful situation all the time.

Afterwards, Tatsuma returned to the communication base to await the latest updates. Overall, the reports from the main forces led by Tsunade and Orochimaru were considered good news.

However, on the following day at noon, when Tatsuma arrived with lunch boxes for the communication team, an alarm rang loudly inside the communication base. He hurriedly rushed in, asking, "What's happening?"

Yamanaka Tani's expression darkened slightly as he spoke, "It's the Hyuga team that sent out a distress signal, but we've been unable to establish communication with Tsunade-sama's side. It could be intentional interference from the Hidden Sand Village."

"The Hyuga team? What's happening over there?" Tatsuma also became serious. Yamanaka Tani shook his head, saying, "It was just an emergency signal. I couldn't establish a connection when I tried to respond."

Upon hearing this, Tatsuma briefly pondered and then quickly said, "Uncle Yamanaka Tani, please contact the village for reinforcements as soon as possible. Send Ninjas along the main forces' route to report to sensei. I will take a group of combat Ninjas along the Hyuga team's route to see if we can provide support."

"No, you can't go." Yamanaka Tani shook his head. Ninjas in the camp more or less knew that, despite Tatsuma coming with the main forces, he wasn't allowed to participate in combat.

However, Tatsuma ignored the objection and directly took out the Hyuga team's route map from the communication tent. Having spent a couple of days here, he was well aware of recent events.

After obtaining the route map, Tatsuma looked at Yamanaka Tani again and said, "Uncle Yamanaka Tani, there's no time to hesitate. I'll go inform the others. Remember to follow up."

With that, Tatsuma ran out of the tent. Seeing Tatsuma's determination, Yamanaka Tani didn't say more and turned to his somewhat bewildered colleagues, saying, "Tatsuma knows what to do. Are you all just going to sit here? Move! Call for reinforcements where needed and notify others."

At this moment, many Ninjas in the camp had gathered, including some who still had bandages on, rushing towards the commotion. Tatsuma quickly found the few Ninjas left to guard the camp, briefed them on the situation.

Initially, they were hesitant, but Tatsuma, holding the route map and revealing his knowledge of Sensory Ninjutsu, managed to convince them reluctantly.

Tatsuma, accompanied by six combat Ninjas, swiftly left the camp, following the route marked on the map.

Among the six Ninjas, three were Jonin, and three were Special Jonin, constituting a formidable force. Otherwise, Tsunade wouldn't have left only a few of them to guard the camp.

Throughout the journey, Tatsuma spared no Chakra, constantly sensing the surroundings, advancing at the fastest speed. They rushed into the deep night, already penetrating the heartland of the Land of Rivers.

"There are Ninjas ahead. Be on guard!"

Tatsuma stopped on a large tree, wiped the sweat from his forehead. His naturally curly hair was damp with sweat, sticking uncomfortably to his skin. Despite the discomfort, he couldn't afford to worry about it at this moment.

Upon hearing Tatsuma's words, the six Ninjas swiftly entered a state of heightened alert. Tatsuma controlled his Chakra, sensing the situation in greater detail.

Soon, he learned about the situation and said, "They are Hyuga Ninjas, but someone is pursuing them. Connect with the Hyuga Ninjas and instruct them to withdraw immediately."

"Tatsuma, don't go over there," a Jonin said at this moment. Tatsuma nodded. He knew that going over would only be a hindrance, and he had no intention of recklessly intervening.

The six Ninjas departed, and soon the sounds of battle erupted from that direction. The flames from Fire Release illuminated the night sky. At this moment, a Byakugan-wielding Ninja arrived, carrying another Byakugan user on their back.

"Uncle? Lord?"

Seeing the two figures, Tatsuma's face became extremely solemn. Hyuga Kai was relatively okay, but Hyuga Miyako's hands were broken at his forearms, the bleeding wounds and exposed white bones made him increasingly weakened.

"Tatsuma?!"

Hyuga Kai, upon seeing Tatsuma, was greatly shocked. However, he couldn't afford much attention at this moment. He placed his elder brother onto Tatsuma's slender back, saying, "Take my brother back. I'll try to buy more time."

Tatsuma looked at Hyuga Kai, then glanced at the distant battle. He nodded and said, "Take care!"

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt