Chapter-37: The Revelations

Week- 11

After the eventful night last week, my family as in my mom, uncle, aunt, cousins and grandmother had been avoiding even looking at me

After the eventful night last week, my family as in my mom, uncle, aunt, cousins and grandmother had been avoiding even looking at me. Only my dad greeted me everyday with the same adoration in his eyes like nothing had happened. There was a reason I loved him the most. Everything else was back to square one. I had heard snippets of conversation between my family members planning to get me married as soon as possible to avoid anymore drama. Armaan was officially out of the equation and I dreaded whoever would come next.

After four days of persuading me Alizeh finally won and I agreed to meet Azaan. Not because I wanted to hear what he has to say but because I wanted to end things for all. With me being in 24/7 surveillance it was hard- my family thought I was back with Azaan no matter how much I denied it. And Azaan was another stubborn head, he won't rest until he got what he wanted.

Ahaan had arranged a birthday party for Kabir which is where I would meet Azaan, I approached my dad with the invitation, carefully skipping out the part it was the birthday of Azaan's younger brother. My dad agreed as obviously his loyal bodyguards would be with me there too.

Once I reached the party, I didn't see any sign of Azaan, it was after a lot of scheming that Alizeh and Shayra took me behind all the crowd, to a quieter area where I found him waiting for me. As the two left us alone I instantly regretted my decision. The moment I saw him I was reminded of my dad's words of the truth. They have been going through my head for the past week.

"Azaan listen I didn't come here to listen to any explanation I came here to explain to leave me alone because apparently you don't know what it means." I said turning back to leave.But Azaan instantly walked up to me and I felt a warm contact as he took me by the wrist without saying a word and started walking.

"Yeh kya badtameezi hain?" I said freeing my hand. Azaan seemed to ponder for a second when suddenly I was lifted in the air. What the hell? Azaan had carried me up in bridal style and started walking away and I started hitting him on his chest to leave me but my strength was nothing compared to his. My breath hitched in the close proximity but I continued arguing but he turned deaf to my shouts.
(What kind of insolence is this?"

"I'm done waiting for things to work out it's time for me to take the control back." He replied as he walked with me in his arms through another path from where I had come from. This one led to the emergency staircases of the building.

He stopped in the first floor down and quickly entered code in a polished black door, it seemed like a back door and as it opened I saw I was right. I was in the second floor of someone's penthouse. As my eyes fell on the architecture I felt like the world was slipping away from me. Why and how?

•••