Chapter-6 : The Decision

So far I hadn't found a valid reason yet

So far I hadn't found a valid reason yet. Though an idea had crossed my mind. It was the day after Sangeet and today was the wedding function. I didn't go down for breakfast because I didn't want another conversation about marriage with my family. I love my family but I like being by myself better. So I made my coffee and started working to distract myself before I knew it lunch time had approached. I heard the door ring on my room and opened to see my mom.

"You're already avoiding us" she said walking in

"No mom I was busy" I didn't lie technically I was busy with work.

"So have you made a decision"  she asked eager

"Yeah mom I don't like her"

"Old excuse. Give me a valid reason. Just letting you know we all  like her already.She will fit perfectly in our family" she continued

"And what about my life" I thought
"I am the one who has to tolerate her" I said

"Give her a chance. How many times do I have to remind you about your promise. Plus, what's the problem? She comes from a very good family and background. Plus did you see her yesterday, she seemed so well-behaved, soft/spoken and traditional. Infact she was looking so beautiful in that saree."

I internally chuckled at my mom's description. The research I had done said something else about this crazy girl. Looks like she had fooled everyone but not me.

"Couldn't you guys find anyone else" I sighed thinking about her non-stop talks

"Oh yes we did find hundred other girls. Khud se toh kuch nahi hota jo hum dhoondte hain woh bhi bhaga deta hain" she said giving me a done look
(You yourself can't find one and you drive away the ones we find)

"We aren't telling you to get married right away. If you agree then just get engaged to Alizeh and get to know each other." she insisted

"Fine." I said suddenly

"Only engagement but if it doesn't work out after that none of you will not bring up this topic until I want to." I continued feeling somewhat satisfied with the deal.

"Done. So should I consider it a yes" she said excited.

"I will let you know in the evening." I said thinking there was still one work left as it suddenly clicked me. She wasn't gonna say yes to marry me especially not after what happened. She seemed different from other girls who were dying to marry me not because of me but for my family name and image. Some were after my money, she had enough she didn't need mine. Yes I did background research already after last night. She was dumb yes but not that stupid infact from my research it seemed she was actually very smart, she was studying on a very hard degree from abroad which was impressive, so definitely not stupid to agree to spend her life with someone who she clearly understood couldn't stand her. I didn't have to think of my answer I already knew  what her answer was going to be. If she said no I would be saved from the crazy girl but not my family, they would probably find someone again and again. If she did say yes it would only be a few months of torture because I would never let this relation succeed and then I will be free because my family will stop for some time. The latter looked better.