Chapter -16: The Traditional Mode

AUTHOR'S NOTE: There will be no fixed updates. I will update whenever I finish a chapter, sometimes once a week sometimes twice a week. (NOTICE WILL BE GIVEN ON INSTAGRAM BEFOREHAND) Also I will focus on the couples according to the storyline planned, hence, in some chapters there will be no mention of some couples and some chapters will be devoted to one couple entirely.

TARGET VOTE: 1200+

Playlist : Red - Taylor Swift

"But loving him was red
Loving him was red"

"Touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted
Was right there in front of you
Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words
To your old favorite song
Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword
And realizing there's no right answer
Regretting him was like wishing you never found out
That love could be that strong"

"Touching him was like realizing all you ever wantedWas right there in front of youMemorizing him was as easy as knowing all the wordsTo your old favorite songFighting with him was like trying to solve a crosswordAnd realizing there's no right ans...

6 DAYS AFTER THE TRIP :

I was woken up by my mother's shrill voice at 4pm in the afternoon. I had been studying all night and went to sleep only at 10am. Even though I had completed my Bachelors and had already started working as a software engineer, my parents wanted me to complete my Masters too. If it was up to them they would probably make me take PHD courses too. All because of the so-called dialogue "What will we tell people?" So here I was studying my ass off even though I had started my career. It was always about others, never me.

The reason I could never say no to them is because I felt like a fucking disappointment to them. I was their only child so I felt it upon me to make them proud but somehow they never were, which ended up making me feel like a burden. Somehow others were always better than me. Since my childhood my relatives used to compare me to my cousins on how they were better so I resorted to being the smart one in the family. My dad wanted me to join his business but my mom wanted me to become a doctor. I failed my entrance exams because you can never do it if you aren't even interested so my dad thought I would take business but no I gained interest in tech. I got admitted to the top university in London and went there for my studies because I was tired of being a burden to them. So any excuse to live by myself. Over there I discovered the real me, the one that had been caged here because of society and family pressures. The not so called good girl.

"Let me sleep mom!" I said pulling the pillow over my face.

"How long will you sleep! Get up! Your in-laws called!" She said snatching away my pillow.

I jumped immediately, that was embarrassing, "Why? Who called? What did they say?" I asked without drawing a breath. My mom sighed her head at me. My mom and I had a good relation where I even shared details about my crush when I was a teenager and she would mock them saying how bad my taste was, now that I realize she was definitely right because the one they had chosen was definitely on another standard. I was thankful for this at least, the cool mother I got instead of the typical one.