Chapter-8: The Forbidden Love (pt.1)

Appreciation: Thank you all for 25K+ reads and so many votes but I would really appreciate if you would give more comments as the comments are what keep me motivated to write
Enjoy ! The much awaited Azaan and Dua's past but this is only the intro part the main drama is yet to come ....

Appreciation: Thank you all for 25K+ reads and so many votes but I would really appreciate if you would give more comments as the comments are what keep me motivated to write Enjoy ! The much awaited Azaan and Dua's past but this is only the intro...

Azaan's POV:

On Sangeet:
As soon as I heard that little scream back on the day of Fawad's Sangeet I knew it. Yet, I bent down to help her, praying to be wrong but I wasn't. It was her. She had changed a lot. She had become even more beautiful than the last time I saw her. Her black hair though now had brown highlights which made her even prettier. Nothing could ever look bad on her. I had extended my hand to help her but it was still hanging there she didn't take it. She took Kiara's hand. She had no clue these were my siblings of course I don't blame her. Neither did my stupid siblings know this was the Dua who had caused a ruckus in our lives 6 years ago. She didn't say a word to me but her eyes did. A million questions which I couldn't answer even if I wanted to.

I steered clear of her the next day on the wedding. I saw her at breakfast but left immediately before she could see me. I didn't even stay at the wedding for long and left before everyone else so that she doesn't have to see me. The hurt in her eyes was visible when she laid her eyes on me. I didn't want to hurt her further but another reason was - the promise. It may have been seven years but I still remember the promise I made to someone. I left thinking we won't have to meet again but the game universe keeps playing with us!

Everyone came back home the next day after wedding. My grandparents , my parents, Kabir and Kiara- my useless siblings, my Bade Papa and Badi Maa (Zain and Zaina's parents), my Aunt (Ahaan and Alisha's mom) She along with Ahaan and Alisha were staying with us at the moment because they all live in USA but were here for Alisha's summer vacations which lasted almost four months. They have their own mansion but dadi wanted them to spend the holidays with us as uncle was still in USA as he couldn't come leaving their multimillion dollars business. In a few years that would be Ahaan as he is the sole heir.

I had taken over our billion dollars empire because I wasn't given any other choice, I had been enough of a disappointment already so me backing out wouldn't have been liked by anyone as Zain had already. As if all this wasn't enough for him. But no he went  against everyone in the family and started his tech business which he was interested in but no one supported him during this time. But I was hell proud of him for what he had accomplished.  He grew apart from the family during this time. Sometimes, he doesn't stay here in the mansion with the family but in his penthouse. But no one could question him because they had lost the right long ago when they didn't support him. The only people he listened to mostly were Dadu and Badi Maa. They have been nagging him to get married for over a year now but that seems like an impossible task.
I also have a penthouse but none of the family members knew about it. Sometimes you need to get away from them. But our brothers bond never faltered in these years.