Chapter- 22: The Forbidden Love (pt.3)

TARGET VOTE:1700+

Last chapter didn't reach target vote yet I uploaded this chapter :/

After lunch Alizeh had planned a treasure hunt game for all of us, but before that I decided to make some brownies for everyone

After lunch Alizeh had planned a treasure hunt game for all of us, but before that I decided to make some brownies for everyone. The girls loved my brownies and had been whining for me to make them some since we all got together. So Alizeh had told me to make it today.

I arrived in the kitchen to find everything set out by the helping hands. Everyone else was chilling on their own right now, while Armaan was approaching me to keep me company.

Last week, when they had come with the proposal, our families had fixed everything and his mother made me wear their ancestral ring. So technically we were sort of engaged. When I was younger, I did have a crush on Armaan but that was before. Not that he had changed a lot, he had become even more good-looking in fact. He had always been kind and respectful too. So what if I didn't have romantic feelings at the moment, they could grow, Alizeh is having an arranged marriage and they seem more than fine to me. So i guess I'll be fine too.

"Dua do you need any help?" Armaan asked. He was quite the gentleman opposite of what Azaan had been.

"No it's okay there's nothing for you to do" I smiled back. There wasn't any awkwardness between us because we weren't complete strangers, in fact, we had been quite somewhat of best friends in our childhood.

"I could give you company." He replied leaning on the kitchen counter facing me.

"That you can do" I replied but was intervened by his sudden movement, he had pulled out his hand to remove the few strands of hair falling on my face, and tucking it behind my ears. But we both jumped at that moment, as we heard a noise of glass shattering from the dining room. As it was an open kitchen the view was clear. Azaan was sitting there busy in a group discussion of their newly formed group with Alizeh, Ahaan, Shayra and Vaani. But in front of him now lay on the table, a broken glass as his gaze pierced in our direction.

I could hear Alizeh telling him, "Sab tod doon Azaan apna hi ghar hain."
(Go on break everything Azaan it's your house)

'I'm sorry didn't notice' Azaan murmured

'How would you when you're busy noticing other people?' Ahaan smirked looking in my direction.

'That guy seems to break a lot of glass doesn't he? Armaan replied turning his back to them again and looking at me. I just shook my head in a nod muttering, 'Be thankful he has been breaking glass not bones.'

'What?' Armaan questioned in confusion.

'Nothing' I said getting back to my work. But would I get to work peacefully? No. Azaan entered the kitchen again this time I asked him, "Do you need something?"

"No I came to get some fruits" he said with a sarcastic tone

"Anyway you didn't say what you do Armaan?" Azaan asked.