Chapter 1

Kenneth, Jordan's cousin, just got married and what's a wedding without a reception.

"So in loovveee, I'll give it all away. Just don't tell nobody tomorrow", sang Jordan as she danced.

Jordan used to be the one with no rhythm in the family but she was getting the hang at dancing.

"So tonight's the night", said a guy coming over to her dancing with her.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh", him and Jordan sang together as they started dancing alike.

As they danced, Marcus walked over.

"Hey man, that's my mama", said Marcus in his tough voice.

"Well your mama is very pretty", said the guy.

"She alright", said Marcus.

Jordan looked at Marcus in shock with a smile on her face. "You told me I was beautiful this morning", said Jordan.

"I did didn't I?", said Marcus.

"Mhm. Bye. Go play with your cousins", said Jordan.

Marcus walked away.

"Sorry about him", said Jordan as she looked at the guy. "He's very protective over his mama."

"I got a little man who's the same about his. My name is Eli. Short for Elijah.", said Elijah with his hand out.

"Jordan", she said as she shook his hand. "Friend or family of the bride or groom?"

"Groom. We went to school together", said Elijah.

"Oh okay, that's nice", said Jordan. "I'm his cousin."

"His cousin?", he asked as he looked her up and down. "Well cousin you look good"

Jordan laughed a little.

"So you probably know Tyquez", said Jordan.

"Yea. We ain't never really kick it like that", said Elijah. "I guess you would know him too since him and Kenneth real cool."

"Well actually he's the—"

Marcus comes back over. "Mama?", he said. "Grandma wanna know where Alexis's bag is."

"That'll be in the car. Elijah I'll be back", said Jordan before walking away with Marcus.

Elijah walked to the table to get something to drink. As he did, Tyquez walked over to him.

"What's up", said Tyquez.

Elijah looked at him. He wasn't shocked or excited. "What's up", he said.

Tyquez felt Elijah's vibe towards him.

"What I ever do to you?", asked Tyquez.

"What you mean?", asked Elijah.

"I just feel like you never liked me", said Tyquez. "Is this about Sandra."

"Nah. We wasn't together when you got with her so no", said Elijah. "Man look, I don't have bad blood with you. You just ain't my cup of tea."