Chapter 7

Jordan is currently ringing the doorbell to Tyquez's house. She has the key just like he has the key to her house but she likes to make her presence known first.

Tyquez opens the door.

"Hey", said Tyquez. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Well I wasn't at first but I went home and I saw this", she said as she held up the check.

"Yea. You're keeping that", said Tyquez.

"Even if I decided to start talking to Elijah?", asked Jordan.

Tyquez rolled his eyes and sighed. "I knew it", said Tyquez. "Why lie?"

"I didn't. When I spoke with you today we were just friends but...things changed after that", said Jordan as she shrugged her shoulders. "I mean honestly, like I said before I have nothing to explain to you. I just wanted to know if you wanted your money."

"Nah. I gave it to you so keep it", said Tyquez.

"You sure?", asked Jordan.

"Yes", said Tyquez. "You deserve it."

Jordan smiles a little. "Thank you", said Jordan.

It was quiet between for a moment.

"So I guess this means no more—"

"No more sex. Yes. No more sex", said Jordan interrupting Tyquez.

Tyquez shook his head in disappointment. "Why you gotta do this to a brotha?", asked Tyquez.

"You can have almost any girl you want. Go find her", said Jordan.

"You don't understand do you? The only woman I want is you. You are the only person I want and need. Whole time us having sex was the only way I could actually feel like I still had a part of you, but whole time I should've cut that shit out and tried harder to get you back but I gave up. I thought being patient and letting the conversation about us getting together go would just have us slowly but surely get back together but...it didn't"

"I'm sorry Tyquez", said Jordan with a sad look on her face.

"Nah it's cool. I guess things end how it all started right?", asked Tyquez.

Jordan looks down.

"But..if you choose to move on, then you move on", said Tyquez.

"He's a really nice guy", said Jordan.

"I wasn't?", asked Tyquez.

"You were. I just think that we met at the wrong time. We started off wrong and my wrong doing is what ended us.", said Jordan.

Tyquez looks down.

"Go home Jordan", he said under his breath.

"What?", she asked.

"I said go home. I don't wanna talk to you right now", said Tyquez.

"So you're  mad at me because I'm dating somebody else after you just told me not too long ago that you don't care if I date him or not?", asked Jordan.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just mad at myself. I gotta watch this nigga come in and take a spot in your heart that used to mine", said Tyquez.

"Me and him just met a month ago. He doesn't have my heart yet", said Jordan.

"Yet. He doesn't have it yet but he will. He's your type", said Tyquez.

Jordan sighs.

"I just want somebody I can have a clean slate with", said Jordan. "I don't want my mistakes coming up every now."

"Just because he doesn't know about your past now, doesn't mean he won't know later.", said Tyquez.

Jordan sighs.

"So when he finds out, then what?", asked Tyquez.

"Hopefully he understands", said Jordan.

"Even I understood Jordan. I cheated once and I'm sorry. I got a DNA test on Marcus and I'm sorry. But it wasn't because of what you did. It was me and my thoughts that took over", said Tyquez. "Every relationship has its days, you gonna run every time?"

"Since when was I a runner? I'm a rider and you know but it's only so much somebody can take", said Jordan.

"You know what you're right. I've done so much bad shit that pushed you away. You're absolutely right", he said sarcastically. "Go home before you piss me off, for real."

Jordan shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Goodnight", she said before walking toward her car.

Tyquez shut the door.

Jordan got into the car and she felt bad. She didn't didn't think Tyquez the root of the problem in there relationship. She believed it was her but Tyquez wasn't trying to understand that. She felt like in the event that Elijah didn't trust her with something it was because he was curious about the subject not because he knew her past about cheating. Tyquez did somethings that Jordan didn't care for but he wasn't the main reason why Jordan broke up with him. She was the reason. The reason was she never forgave herself for what she did in her past marriage and Tyquez reminded her of that everyday. Does she still want Tyquez? Yes. A part of her does. But she didn't want their relationship to be bad because of her.

TO BE CONTINUED...