Chapter 5

"So Marcus, how was school today? Any improvements?", asked Jordan.

"Yes ma'am", said Marcus.

"Good", said Jordan. "I know you don't want them to call your father again."

"No", said Marcus.

Jordan didn't like for Marcus to get whooped but Tyquez and her agreed that they wouldn't debate on each other's parenting, especially not in front of the kids.

"Alright, lay down and go to sleep", said Jordan. "I love you."

"I love you too", said Marcus.

Jordan turned the lights off, walked out of the room, and shut the door behind her.

As she walked to her room, she received a phone call from her sister.

"Hey girl", Jordan answered.

"What you doing?", asked Mahogany.

"Nothing. Just put the kids bed, going to bed myself", said Jordan. "Everything okay?"

"So tell me why mama and daddy sleeping in two different rooms", said Mahogany.

"What?", asked Jordan.

"Yes. I don't know what happened but I don't think it looks good. I mean like I know they've been through a lot in the past but damn. What happened this time?", asked Mahogany.

Jordan sighs and shook her head. "I guess they'll tell us if it's really something", said Jordan.

"I mean like I just found out and they didn't even answer my questions.", said Mahogany.

"Maybe the final decision hasn't been made yet", said Jordan.

Jordan gets an incoming call from Tyquez.

"Quez is calling me", said Jordan.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later", said Mahogany.

"Alright", said Jordan before ending the call with Mahogany and answering Tyquez's call.

"Yes?", asked Jordan.

"How Marcus do in school?", asked Tyquez.

"Fine", said Jordan.

"Good.", said Tyquez. "I pay good money for his education, he don't need to fight anybody"

"You're right", said Jordan. "I'm disappointed in him too."

"Other than that, I just got out of work and I could use something to eat", said Tyquez.

"I only have a little bit left over for dinner", said Jordan.

"I ain't talking about any food baby", said Tyquez.

Jordan chuckles a little. "Ty, you ain't get enough from last night?", asked Jordan.

"No", said Tyquez. "It just got me craving me."

Jordan didn't say anything.

"So? Can I come over?", asked Tyquez.

Jordan wanted to tell Tyquez that they were going to have stop sneaking around until she figured out what she wanted from Elijah. But they weren't in the talking stage yet so is she nor Elijah were really committed to themselves yet. It was no point in telling Tyquez her business just yet.

"...no. Not tonight. I'm tired.", said Jordan.

"Damn, okay", he said. "another time then."

"How about you get some take out and go home and get some rest. I'll talk to you later", said Jordan.

"Alright. Goodnight", said Tyquez.

"Goodnight", Jordan replied.

Jordan hangs the phone up and flops on her bed.

Soon after, she gets a text message.

"Damn I must be popular", said Jordan before looking to see who texted her.

MESSAGE
ELIJAH: Hey, Jordan. Now I know you said we in the friend stage right now but how can we move to the next step without hanging out? So thinking about that, I wanted to know if you wanted to do something Saturday. If you have the kids, I can bring my son and we can do something. It's up to you. I just wanna see you again honestly😂😂 and this time not for five minutes and us not talking about food. I wanna get to know you better.

Jordan smiled at the message. "Aww", she said.

JORDAN: Saturday sounds like a plan. But let's leave the kids at home lol. Tyquez usually has them for the weekend.

ELIJAH: okay, cool. Let me think of something that we can do and I get back to you. Sounds cool?

JORDAN: just let it be a surprise when the day comes.

ELIJAH: so you like surprises. Got it.

JORDAN: lol who doesn't?

ELIJAH: I don't. Can't stand surprises.🤷🏽

JORDAN: 🙄 well you better get used to it around me.

ELIJAH: lol alright Jordan. I'll talk to you later. I gotta finish some stuff up before I go to sleep.

JORDAN: okay. Goodnight

Elijah: goodnight gorgeous 😍

Jordan puts her phone on the nightstand and walks into her bathroom.