Chapter 16

" I enjoyed my time with you", said Jordan before she kissed Elijah.

Elijah kissed her back.

Jordan pulls away and smiled at him.

"I love you", said Elijah.

"Love you too", said Jordan.

Jordan unlocked the door and Elijah watched her to make sure she got into the house safely before leaving.

Once Jordan walked in and shut the door, she leaned against the door and sighed. She looked at the ceiling. Things were going good with Elijah, she just wished he didn't pop the question.

Jordan thought it was just best to get her mind off of the engagement for a bit and get the kids earlier than she was supposed to.

Jordan pulled up to Tyquez's house and looked at her ring. It was beautiful. Especially on her finger. Just felt like she didn't know if she really wanted that.

Jordan took her ring off and put it in the cup holder.she got out of the car and rang the doorbell.

Eventually Tyquez opened the door.

"What?", he asked. He didn't look happy to see her.

"I came to give you a break from the kids", said Jordan.

"My mom and Ben has them", said Tyquez. "I told you"

"No you didnt", said Jordan.

"Oh shit, you know what", he said as he smiled and shook his head. "I meant to before I saw that you got engaged. He posted it"

"Ty—"

"Nah. I'm happy for you", said Tyquez. "I am"

"No you aren't", said Jordan.

"I am", said Tyquez.

"Just say it! You aren't. You want me back, you don't want me with him just say it", said Jordan.

"Why should I say that? I already told you that shit", said Tyquez. "It's like you want me to sit here and look like a fucking dummy while you play in my face huh?"

"Listen, I don't have that ring on", said Jordan.

Tyquez looks at her hand.

"I don't wanna marry him", said Jordan. "...I don't wanna marry him because I still think about you."

"You think about me?", asked Tyquez.

"I think I still love you", said Jordan.

"When you love somebody...you show them that you love them. You don't date and fuck on somebody else.", said Tyquez. "You don't break up with them and use them like a sex toy. You cherish them, you care for them. Not hurt them."

"When we got together I didn't get a chance to breathe and with everything that was going on with us...I felt like I needed that breath that I didn't allow myself so we broke up. I got it, okay? I got it and I regret letting it go so far and I'm sorry", said Jordan. "I'm sorry. When Elijah proposed to me...all I thought about was you."

"I don't care, Jordan. I don't", said Tyquez.

"Ty...if you tell me not to do this, I will break—"

Suddenly, Jordan heard somebody coming downstairs. She looked and she saw a female in his robe.

"Is everything okay, Quez?", asked Sandra.

Sandra is Tyquez's ex girlfriend. Before that, she also dated Elijah.

"Yes. I will be back up there in a minute", said Tyquez.

"Okay...hey girl", said Sandra with a smile.

Jordan didn't say anything.

"Okay then", said Sandra before going back to his room.

"Really?", asked Jordan.

"I'm a single man. Me and her saw each other, we rekindled, you see what happened after that", said Tyquez.

Jordan looks to the side.

"You know what Jordan, you had your chance. It's cool.", said Jordan. "I have somebody that loves me enough for marry me, I'll just build with him."

"You think he loves you?", asked Tyquez.

"Oh please Ty. I don't wanna hear that", said Jordan.

"No let's be honest here. You didn't want me but yet you just told me you're still in love with me? Which one is it? What? You don't know what you want? You want the best of both worlds? A dumb ass nigga or the king? I mean come on Jordan. He only got with you because he wanted to get back at me. He only proposed to you because he saw me with Sandra", said Tyquez.

Jordan makes a face.

"He just wants to play tic for tac", said Tyquez. "His goal is to piss Tyquez off."

"Whatever Tyquez...just...go entertain your guest. Forget everything I said, I'm just emotional right now", said Jordan. "...thank you for helping me make my decision."

"You're welcome beautiful. Anytime", said Tyquez.

Jordan leaves.

Tyquez sighs. "Stay strong man", said Tyquez. "Stay strong because if you don't... she won't figure out what she really wants."

Tyquez shook his head before going upstairs.

TO BE CONTINUED..