-6-

Chapter 6 PART 1

Same day - June 17th

Jaslynn Chanel Parks

Michael Jackson: You Rock My World

You rocked my world you know you did

And everything I'd own I'd give

The rarest love who'd think I find

Someone like you to call mine

I laid in my bed, with pure Boredom while Michael Jackson played through my speaker. I couldn't bother Malik because he was taking his tour in California.

Part of me is sad that he's leaving. I want the best for him always. I just hope this wont alter our friendship. He's going to be extremely busy and so will I, but the thought of him being so far away scares me.

Malik is all I known for the last 3 years. I don't even hangout with Mireya and Jaicel as much as I'm with him.

I made my way downstairs seeing my mom and Monica on the couch watching Season 13 of law and order.

"Hey baby, what you been up to all day" my mother said looking over the couch in my direction.

"Well, "Can I be honest with you both for a second" I said staring off into space.

"come sit" my mom pointed to the other side of the couch while Monica now directed her attention onto me. "Now whats going on?"

"I am trying to get a feel for what I want to do in the future. Part of me what's to attend a community college, get some special training and get a really nice job. But another part of me what's to take my dreams and ambitions further." I said messing with my fingers.

"I could attend cosmetology school, I don't know really. I just want to set up success for myself but don't know how to go about things I'm stuck" I got out instantly, it felt like the future was weighing heavy on my mind.

"Malik is leaving to California for a Stu-" my mother cut me off before I could finish my sentence

"Jaslynn, you and Malik are destined to have different paths right now, different career goals. Sometimes you have to decided to make the best decision for yourself and that's what he's doing. Don't compare where you are and where Malik is in life. You guys are on different routes and will accomplish your goals differently."  My mom said

"And I peep that you  are so in tune with Malik  lately. You guys should really sit and speak to each other about how the future will look and all your feelings. But Don't hold him back Jas." Monica responded.

"That's the last thing I would ever do" I just want the best for him.

I pulled my phone out, seeing I received a text from Malik 5 minutes ago