-4-

Jaslynn Chanel Parks

-Monday, June 3rd-

Graduation came soon and before you know it we were all finally done with the longest 4 years of our lives. Truthfully it went by fast. We were now adults in the outside world and had to figure out what we were doing with our lives from here.

Me personally, I had thought about taking cosmetology classes to become my own entrepreneur and find a community college course to obtain my associates or bachelors degree in a 2-4 year program since It would be hard for my mother and I to afford university which was completely understandable and college wasn't even something I planned on taking part in.

As for my friends, Mireya decided on attending college at Tennessee State University and Jaciel was also staying here at home for cosmetology school.

The other day, Malik and I were talking about future plans when he decided to tell me about this huge offer he had awaiting for him at the University of California.

He has until July 12th to accept or deny the position, which he was going on a tour before making a decision. I cant lie, I am so proud of him but I can't help but to feel sad about it knowing my best-friend is leaving me to start a life in another state.

I also figured  if Malik doesn't take the offer he would be out in the streets just like some of the boys he hung out with and I didn't want that for him.

I was deciding on staying home, attend a community college elsewhere because my mom couldn't afford to put me through 4 years of college through a University.

So until then, we had three months of summer to enjoy with each other before we all went our different ways.

<3

Malik Amir Harris

A nigga was finally done with school. I was offered a full ride scholarship to California University through basketball and took it as a huge opportunity offer.

I didn't want to stay back home and end up throwing my life away like some people chose to do when they were all done with school. So I made the effort to lock in and see where this could take me.

I was taking a flight next week to California to tour the college before I made the final decision on if I wanted to move or not. I decided to go alone so it wasn't anyone in my ear trying to tell me differently from what I felt.

Leaving me out my thoughts I noticed Jaslynn was calling me. "Wassup Jas" I said over the phone. "bestie can we go swimming today? It's hot as fuck out here"

Jas practically begged me. "Yeah I can pick you up after I hit the gym around 3:00" I told her before banging on her ass hanging up the phone.

Heading out my room I decided to bother my little sister London. London was three years younger than me putting her at 15 years old.

Our brother Sam moved out when he graduated and surprisingly moved to California to be a professional barber which is another reason why I wanted to go to California to be closer to him.

Banging on the door I decided to give her five seconds before barging in

"Waddup sis " I said hopping in her bed while she was staring into her vanity doing her makeup. My sister was a spitting imagine of me just the girl version. She had caramel skin with freckles and sandy brown Hair.