-𝟮-

I was into you from the beginnin' even if you wasn't mine

SZA: Hit Different

* Malik and Jaslynn will shift their point of views a few times in this chapter*

Enjoy <3

Friday, April 21st

Jaslynn Chanel Parks

Tonight was Senior night here at Brenton High.

Which meant this was going to be a big game where half the school and kids from other surrounding high schools came to watch.

I was riding in the car with Malik's family to support him on his big night.

I had my #33 truck hat on with my outfit. I felt pure excitement as we arrived to the high school.

I planned on meeting with my besties; Mireya and Jaicel at the food station located in the school.

We arrived to the school 20 minutes early and to our surprise it was already slamming with people.

We had to park a few spots back but that didn't matter since we were able to walk in a separate line that was held for the close family of seniors for the game tonight.

We gave our special tickets and walked our way toward the front row of the stands in the gymnasium.

I decided to stay seated and text my friends when they arrived to come to the front row knowing they would take forever to get here in the first place.

<3

Malik Amir Harris POV

"This nigga Malik all nervous on some bitch ass pussy shit" Aj chuckled to the team.

I couldn't even respond because it was true I was jittery because I made the decision to ask Jaslynn to prom before the biggest game night of the season.

It was silly of me to do it here and tonight of al nights but I wanted to make it special for us, and for her especially because she deserved it in ,my opinion.

In our sophomore year of highschool we promised that no matter what we would be each other's dates to prom.

I fuck with Jaslynn heavy. She's been nothing but real to me these last few years of us being friends.

I can confidently say I trust her more than anyone else in my life. She been nothing but loyal to me.

I often imagined what we could be if we were to date, or at least if there was even a chance we could be together but I'm content on being her best-friend.

I would hate to ruin this beautiful friendship we built.

"Before we start tonight's game I would like to give a special congratulations to seven of my senior boys on this here basketball team."

Coach Edward spoke through the microphone. "Starting with number 4 we have Ashton jones.

Next we have Conner Redly number 16, Kevin Green Number 23 Jackson Truth Number 43"