Chapter 2

Darcy Pov:

I woke up the next morning after the ball and contemplated how long it would be until I could see Vivianne again.

I knew there was a potential she would be at the next ball, but I could never be sure. I wanted to write her a letter or send a physical messenger, but not only did I not know which part of the countryside she lived on. I was also worried about her family's  reaction.

As the week went by, leading up to the next ball every day fell like years, the moments I spent without her without her smile without her kindness without her warmth and soul were moments spent alone in what felt like hell.

I wondered to myself if this is what real love felt like feeling tortured and abused without the presence of your lover and without their warmth and connection , I also wondered if she and I would ever have chance of a  future together or if we would only be in each other's lives for meer moments..

I tried to keep myself distracted through the week. I tried painting  drawing, going for walks, riding my horse, and even writing her poems.I kept them all, so when I see her next, she'll know what I felt during our time apart.

The only thing I couldn't bring myself to do was what I seemed to used to love the most, which was entertained women now flirting or having relations with anyone else, but Vivianne made me feel disgusting.

The only thing that made me feel calm in that piece without her was sitting on the balcony where we met and writing poems about the way she moved the way she existed in my mind, how no matter what happened, I would always choose her, how she was basically an angel sent down from heaven and that getting to exist in the same space as her made me feel like the happiest woman in the world.

Saturday approached very slowly. I began to pick out my best attire for the ball. I attached a beautiful flower one for every day on my walk that reminded me of her. I wrapped all the letters into a nice stack with a secured bow and placed them into a beautiful detailed box, and set aside. In my room for when I might encounter my angel once again.

As the Sun began to set on Friday evening, I had to turn down a few of my old suitors, for I had no inclination to speak to any of them because they were not Vivianne.

The thought of life before this incredible woman was me disconnected. It was reckless it was untamed, and it felt like I was on a path going nowhere until I met her.

That night I went to sleep hoping to dream of my beautiful angel and prayed and prayed and prayed that she would show up to the ball tomorrow night in another gown, just as beautiful something that could hopefully be as beautiful as she was just so I could have the opportunity to see her again.

Vivinne Pov:

The week leading up to Saturday felt so long without Darcy. As I did every chore in my house, all I could think about was how it felt to be embraced by her and to be loved and cherished by another human being.

That's not to say. I don't feel loved in my home but at times feel more like 3 people living together rather than a mother, father, and child. Having someone who sees me as truly beautiful and wants nothing more than to just be in my presence made me feel like royalty.

In the weeks leading up to the next ball. I told my mother about how everyone reacted to her work at the ball. I told her about how I had many suitors watching me every corner of the room due to the beauty of her work, I asked her if she would be kind enough to make another dress for me for the next ball and she said she would enjoy nothing more than to help me in finding a suitor.

I did eventually tell her about Darcy....

Well, not everything. I told her I made a female friend who was a part of the Royal Court in the palace and that she would be helping me get accustomed to a more sophisticated life. That way, if she ever sent a letter or asked me to come out to the countryside. My parents wouldn't suspect any relation between us.