April Stories 2024

This chapter is for reference only. Think of it as our catalogue of stories to browse.

Please use the exchange chapter to send requests.

Stories are organized by genre and mixed with LF, Both, and Moderate together categories.

The genre order for this chapter is: Historical Fiction, Mystery/Thriller, Teen Fiction, Romance, Science fiction, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Short Story, Horror, Paranormal, Fanfiction, Humour, General Fiction. If a section is missing, there were no stories submitted for that genre this month.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.

***

Username: Carpathia

Username: Carpathia

Story: Peerless

Chapters: 13 ongoing

Description: What is the fear of a nation? The sound of war? The death of a king? Yellow Mountain is not immune to such fears. When the monarch dies. The Peerless family takes action. A weak king cannot sit on the throne and a weak kingdom will not survive a war. It is up to Peregrine, a court official, his son Adolph, a judge, and Duchess Hoopoe, a woman aspiring to become a royal investigator to rally their allies. Together they must stop those with their eyes on the throne. Follow the Peerless family in this saga of palace intrigue and family devotion.

Rating: While this story is not mature, it talks about crime and war related events, and topics related to mental health.

Reading reaction: Flow, dialog reading reactions.

Chapter length: 2,000

Reading preferences: Historical Fiction

Won't read: Paranormal, Mafia, smut, Vampire,

Will read mature: NO

Section to Join: Light and Fun

***

Username: MarCafeWrites

Book Title: The Countess and the Racketeer

Genre: historical fiction

Number of Chapters: 65 chapters + epilogue

Description: Manchester, England.

The Roarin' 20s. An era of glamor, decadent parties, jazz music, flowing booze, and opulent wealth. Possibilities are endless. Anyone can be a success, even families once seen as working class. But beneath the glittering exterior lies a world of corruption, prejudice, and civil unrest.

When the disappearance of a Russian refugee brings Countess Rose Sinclair to the doorstep of known racketeer William Mercer, neither party is prepared for the significant changes a single encounter can inspire.

Blackmailed by William into employment, Rose receives a swift and unwanted education regarding a side of the class struggle she has never before experienced.