January Stories 2024

This chapter is for reference only. Think of it as our catalogue of stories to browse. Those of you who were in FBE in early 2022 or early probably remember this format. 

Please use the exchange chapter to send requests. With such a big group, the exchange chapter was getting longer and trickier to navigate (plus the people at the very bottom get few requests, so we'll shake it up a bit - I will change the genre order each month). Stories are organized by genre and mixed with LF and Both categories. The exchange chapter is in its regular alphabetical and Light and Fun then Both categories order.

The genre order for this chapter is: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Short Story, Horror, Paranormal, Fanfiction, Humour, General Fiction, Historical Fiction, Mystery/Thriller, Teen Fiction, and Romance.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. 

Username: High-Priestess-Elena

Story: The Five Cursed Witches: Volume 1 - Zoe, the Witch of Innocence

Genre: Fantasy-romance

Chapters: 108 (+prologue and epilogue)

Description: All Zoe wishes for is to one day be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it's a dream that will never come true. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch anything living without it instantly dying. It's a curse that she would do anything to make go away but that her coven considers their best weapon. Since she was fourteen her coven has from time to time asked her to kill potential threats and it has become time for it again.

This time they want her to kill a witch hunter. It's a task, that albeit dangerous, seems easy enough to Zoe. That is until she looks into the eyes of the witch hunter's son and realises that he is her mate.

Warning: Mature, death, self-deprecation, sexual content

Feedback: Pacing and reactions to characters and plot

Average chapter length: 1000-1500 (occasionally longer)

Reading preference: Up for reading most things, though generally prefer books containing romance

Will read mature content: Yes

Section: Light and Fun 

***

Username: Bigfivedonaldduckfan

Title: #WitchcraftWednesday

Chapters: 21 (complete)

Genre: Contemporary Fantasy

Description: There's always that something you just can't be bothered to care about. For drug dealer Nathan Devereaux, it's the grimoire he found, complete with working magic and all.

Okay, fine, maybe he tried one spell, and maybe it ended with his curtains on fire. Lesson learned. Leave forces you don't understand alone. Magic or not, for Nathan, this is just another Wednesday.Not everyone shares his opinion. When eccentric YouTube star Jamie Carrera insists on making a video about his discovery and said video breaks the Internet, Nathan finds himself in a spotlight unlike any he's known before. And while Jamie drags him into finding out more about the grimoire's true nature, he learns his criminal associates want his book for themselves - and they'll stop at nothing to get it.