Lesser being? Was she crazy... did she believe Kiyotaka is some kind of God?

"I already told you. I won't break up with Kiyotaka."

I didn't care if she was stronger than me. If she thought she could bully me into doing what she wanted, then she was wrong. I was done being bullied.

She slapped me again as soon as I said his name.

"Do whatever you want. I won't do let you force me into anything."

Her eyes changed slightly, and they went from being angry to being...interested? It felt like she was a scientist experimenting on me.

She slapped me two more times and laughed like she was enjoying herself. She tugged my hair harder and looked me directly in the eyes.

"What do you even know about Ayanokoji-senpai, huh? You're acting so tough for a pathetic crush. You really are stupid, Senpai."

"I don't know much about him. But I know enough. This isn't a crush. I'm acting this because I refuse to ever give up on Kiyotaka."

She slapped me again when I said his name.

"Why not?"

"Because he needs me."

This time, she didn't hit me. She just laughed. She laughed so hard that she couldn't catch her breath after.

"What could Ayanokoji-senpai possibly need from someone like you?"

She was looking down at me. No. She was looking down on everyone. Like everyone who isn't Kiyotaka was complete garbage to her. This girl was obsessed with him.

"He needs someone who stands by him even after knowing who he really is. He needs someone who will never give up on him. I will be that person for Kiyotaka."

This time, she didn't slap me when I said her name. She chuckled slightly and let go of me.

"You're really interesting Karuizawa-senpai maybe I was wrong about you."

"Maybe?"

"Maybe. I'll be watching you closely, Senpai. If I decide that you're not worthy, I'll just have to hit you again."

She gave me a cute smile while playing with her hair.

"That won't work."

I got up and looked straight at her.

"If you think you can scare me just because you're stronger than me, then you're wrong. I won't let anyone bully me like this again."

She laughed again, then came close to me, and hugged me. What was her deal?

She gave me a wink and ran off into the forest. I was beyond confused by everything that just happened, but I couldn't worry about that now. I grabbed the water I needed and decided to go back to my group.

I wonder if Kiyotaka will be okay.

_____________________________________________

The 9th day of the exam began. I was walking with Haruka-senpai now, making our way to our third area of the day. I've spent the morning running to nearby tasks to win food and water, just like Ayanokoji-senpai asked me.

"Haruka-senpai, are you sure your friends will be there?"

She was looking at her tablet but then shifted her attention towards me.

"Don't worry, Nanase-san, I think Miyachi and Yukimuu will be there. And why do you call me haruka-senpai?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Should I call you Hasebe-senpai? I just thought Haruka-senpai was fine since that's what Ayanokoji-senpai called you when we first met you yesterday. If I offended you in some, then please allow me to ap-"